Roon adding Tidal albums to my library unrequested

In the last two days I have started to see Tidal albums in my Roon library that I did not add. They do not show in the Tidal desktop app only in my Roon library. This is very annoying as they are all recent Hip/Hop stuff that I don’t listen to. I have to delete them individually but for the second day more are added. VERY annoying! How can I stop this.

Thanks

Hey @bobflood,

It sounds like TIDAL collections content may have been added. We have instructions on removing these in our KB article.

If you want to delete one or more TIDAL Collections you’ve added, you’ll need to follow a few easy steps to delete the content from your library. Be careful to only delete the content you want removed from your library!

• Start in the Album Browser, and use the Tags button at the top of the screen to Focus on one or more tags you want to delete
  • With the album browser “Focused” on the Tags you’ve selected, double check to make sure you’re only seeing content you want deleted (Note: You can sort by Import Date to see when everything was added to your library)
  • Select one of the albums you want to delete by right-clicking it, or long-pressing it
  • In the top-left, click where it says “1 Selected” and choose Select All. At this point, you should have selected all the albums you want to delete (and ONLY the albums you want to delete – please read the warning below)
  • Click Edit in the top-right, then click Delete Albums
  • Confirm you’re deleting the correct TIDAL content, and you’re all set

Thanks,
Dylan

Any chance you share your Tidal account with other members of your family? My wife and I share my Tidal log in and I get her music added to my library in Roon whenever she plays something and adds it to “our” library in Tidal. It drives me crazy as she and I have very different musical tastes.

1 Like

You’re ok, nothing to worry about, that’s the main purpose of any wife! (JOKE)

1 Like

Hi Dylan, Thanks for the quick reply. I looked under Tags and none of the content that has been added without my input is under any of the tags. I don’t have any tags that fit. As I said, it all is recent releases of Hip-Hop and Pop (some are singles and others are full albums) which I don’t listen to and would not add myself. This just started yesterday. I have never had this happen before. I deleted 20 yesterday one at a time and today there are 24 more. It is a real pain to have to delete them one by one. There was a tag for Tidal Essentials which I did delete but there were only a few old entries. I checked my Tidal account directly again and none of these are there; they are only showing in Roon.

On a related subject regarding Tidal, I have noticed that some Tidal content seems distorted lately as if they have pushed the volume up. It is quite noticeable on some material.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

1 Like

Hi Dylan, FYI,I just deleted all 24 and they were all single tracks. Bob

Hey @bobflood,

Just to confirm, did you check favorited tracks and albums? These are handled a little differently in TIDAL, so you’d want to check both places. Since it wasn’t Collections that were added, and you weren’t the ones to add them, I would recommend updating your password in case someone else has access to the account.

If you see this behavior occur again please let me know and we can look at specific examples of tracks or albums that were added.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, I had not checked Tracks before because I never use it. And yes there were items in Tracks and there were also 3 playlists in Playlists that I did not add. I deleted it all and changed my password so hopefully that will take care of it.

Have you had any other reports of distortion on 44.1/16 material? As I said earlier it is noticeable on some material. It seems most obvious on material that is already quite a bit louder than most. I wonder if they have the loudness number up too high. Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey @bobflood,

So we can better assist you in finding the cause of the distortion, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Does this behavior occur when playing to all endpoints?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing the content that you notice this behavior on?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, Since resetting my password the distortion is gone. My load times are now very fast again as well and I don’t get any more reconnect messages on the Tidal App on my iPhone and I can login to the desktop app without having to do it twice. I guess someone had hacked into my account and was using it when I wasn’t but it must have messed the server up. Thanks for all your help on this. We can put it in the weird but true category.

Thanks,

Bob

Just had the same happen tonight - very odd.
About 40 albums got added - music I would never listen and have never added.
I also can not delete them as they can not be found - and tracks in the albums all show up as unavailable.
I don’t have the collections enabled either.
@support is there any way to delete albums that ‘can not be found’.

Interestingly - at the same time 'Genre’s has been added to my Overview screen - in between the Featured Artist and Featured Composer sections.

Here is a screenshot of what I get when I try to delete one of the albums.

I feel violated - rap music has been added and even Janet Jackson and Beyonce. This is horrible.

Hello @jayrammusic,

I believe the issue you are experiencing here is related to some TIDAL syncing issues that we are aware of and working on with the dev team. Please see Mike’s post from here (Tidal Syncing Issues [Ticket Open]).

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks… I was not able to delete them in Roon, but was able to delete in Tidal. A resart of the Roon Server cleared the offending albums out. You can’t imagine how terrible it is to open Roon and see Beyonce in my album list!

2 Likes

I am seeing this occur day after day, today 13tracks yesterday 13 or 14 thought you were in charge of Roon not Tiday this is not good it is my library not tidals or Roons selection but mine.

Hi @David_LAw,

Just to be clear here — We do not add TIDAL content to your library without you manually adding this content in Roon.

We sync your TIDAL favorites to Roon. If a track or album is added as a favorite in TIDAL, it will appear in your Roon library.

If you’re seeing TIDAL content that you did not add, we recommend changing your TIDAL password. If you’re still seeing this occur, reaching out to TIDAL customer support is the best option.

Thanks,
Dylan