Roon Album Art bug

Hi! My Roon suddenly displays the same Album art for various Albums of the same Artist. The old Album Art is still in the Folders and foobar2000 has no Trouble with it. I tried to reanalyze the metadata and after that to re-identify the Album which caused the Test Album to be unidentified and all my play counts were lost. (The Album Art was still the wrong.) I restored a back-up from yesterday. I also cleaned the image cache. Nothing helped. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Have you rebooted the Roon Core Server?

Several times.

Roon seems to have multiple issues now: I can get my Album Art back for some Albums, if I manually chose the Album Art from from Prefer best to Prefer file in the Album editor. But now the problem starts with other Albums as well, and long imported Albums are now unidentified. I think I’ll try to restart with a fresh Database to see if the issue persists.

The old Database seems to be the Problem, but I don’t wan’t to loose my History since August last year.

If you have regular backups (as you should) you can try going back in time to a backup before this started. As it seems to have started recently, maybe it’s just a few days if you’re lucky.

Of course this shouldn’t happen, so may be worthwhile first copying your Roon database folder for Roon Labs to analyze

1 Like

@Suedkiez I have daily Backups, so this is no Problem! However, I remembered that a few days ago I moved my Library to a different Folder. Maybe that is when the Problems started. I will try to recreate the old Folder structure and load a backup from a few days ago.

1 Like

Sadly that did not help. :frowning: Is it okay, to switch this to the Support section? I can upload my Database Folders (Roon, Roon Server & Roon Goer) & My Backup Folder if needed.

I suppose so and I did it for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I was able to Solve this myself.

Could you share how you resolved it in case it could help others with similar issues?

2 Likes

Hi @AceRimmer, of course! The issue has to do with the Album which uses the wrong image. (The one that was used by the other Albums.) That is because the Album was basicly build by myself with Tracks from these Albums. (I only bought the tracks I was missing from Qobuz and then used Tracks from other Albums in my Collection.) Somehow Roons Metadata Analysis has recognized them as Tracks from the Other Albums, which led to the Album Art problems. I had to delete the Album via the File Explorer and then load the Backup from March 21. I hope this helps, it was hard for me to explain this in English.

2 Likes

Really appreciate the effort to explain and I get it and hopefully it can help others as well.
Now go and enjoy your music :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am currently trying to re-import the Album, but the Problems start once again. I guess it is impossible.

Don’t ask me how, but it finally worked! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.