Roon and AirPlay on WiiM Mini

They took it off again?

1 Like

It would appear so.

Bought WiiM Pro 3 months ago with the “hope” it would soon be ROON READY. WiiM site continues to claim “RR” is in ROONS domain. Wiim customer support is terrible. After 2 “ticket” requests on PRO not being able to detect Ethernet connection and continually having to reboot, check router, etc. WiiM finally responded that my unit appears to be defective. This took 100+ hours after submitted of “tickets”. They offered to send a replacement, 8 hours after I returned it to Amazon. They still have not followed up in last 30 hours. Stick with a BlueSound NODE, works perfectly, I ordered a second one to replace WiiM.

1 Like

They are looking at produci g a Roon Only build that would cut out all of the other services. User installable.

Did they accomplish this with the mini?

I don’t believe the WiiM Mini ever got Roon Ready certification as it doesn’t have enough RAM memory to hold the RAAT protocol. The same thing with Chromecast. So AirPlay only.

But I have gifted my WiiM Mini to my parents who happily use it as Internet radio.

[quote]Stick with a BlueSound NODE, works perfectly, I ordered a second one to replace WiiM.
[/quote]

I’ve bought a Bluesound Node X as my streamer in my office. Lovely piece of equipment.

1 Like

bought a WiiM pro - appears in my Roon available end points - but won’t play. Works fine via Tidal connect – any ideas?

Have you set the outputs in the WIIM App?
Though if you have it working on Tidal Connect I am sure you have.

Have you disconnected the Tidal Connect though as I think it locks the audio output. I have seen this on my son’s Pro where he uses Tidal.

1 Like

Yep it plays fine via Tidal. I tried setting it up fresh but no luck. It shows up as you would expect but just doesn’t play

Hi Brennan

There is an output lock created when you connect something like Tidal, which stops anything else using the Audio output.

Have you tried disconnecting your Tidal connection to then play Roon?

I am not saying this is your problem, but I have a similar issue with my Arcam SA30 as well, if I connect Tidal (or my Son does) I cannot play from Roon.

Yes I have tried that and no luck - its a strange one. It looks like its all connected but even with the play “arrow” clicked no sound and the elapsed track time doesn’t move

That’s a strange one, as you do not have it enabled for Roon based on your screen shot
Have you updated the firmware?

Your screenshot shows AirPlay and not Roon Ready

Also just to check
How do your Device Settings look?
Also do you have any volume limits set up
It might be worth checking both

Is the Wiim Mini Roon Ready? I don’t think so. Thus Airplay.

He says he has a WIIM Pro in a previous post
I think maybe the screenshot is off

Ahh, then yes, if he has a normal Wiim or the Pro, Roon Ready is the way to go.

Yes just trying to get to the bottom of how it is set up

The roon core is in another room (ethernet hard wired) it plays via airplay to an apple tv (wireless) if I hard wire the WiiM it works OK but won’t work wirelessly (I don’t want visable cables)

It works fine via tidal connect .

Sould the WiiM pro not show up as Roon Tested??

The Wiim Pro should show as Roon Ready. I believe they have been other posts with it being intermittent on WiFi. Ensure your firmware is upto date and connect via a cable to rule out if its wireless that’s the issue.