Roon and Bluesound Stereo Pair

**Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number

Lenovo Windows 10 laptop/current

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Netgear R8000 and EX6200

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Two Pulse Mini 2i, separately and as a stereo pair.

Roon and Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i (two units, separately and as a stereo pair):

Roon will play fine to either speaker/zone individually. In setting up a stereo pair, BluOS sends sound to one speaker/zone and asks the listener to identify which speaker/zone is getting the sound. Once this is done, setup is complete. Whichever speaker/zone gets the sound is the one Roon shows as networked. Roon does not show the stereo pair as networked (even though it is the selected zone in BluOS).

Attempts to play to the identified, networked zone/speaker in Roon is not possible. It plays for a few seconds, sometimes one speaker and sometimes both in stereo, then cuts out. Roon will then start skipping to different songs, play for a few seconds and then cut out.

Is there a plan to be able to play to BluOS stereo pairs? Would this not be required for certification?

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Karl_Sagner,

Thanks for your post here.

Yes, as far as I know this is to be expected. Once they are grouped, they should show up as a single zone.

There is an issue with Syncing Bluesound zones that we’ve been working directly with Bluesound to address. You can read other threads that mention this issue here: BlueOS 3.0.0 released

There is an active thread on Bluesound forums regarding this issue as well and there is a firmware update in the works for this issue.

My suggestion here would be to wait for the firmware update to be released and then give it another try after updating both your devices to the newest firmware.

Thanks,
Noris

Still having the same issue Karl mentioned. Everyday I have to unpair and pair and sometimes it works, stereo pair is playing correct then. But the next day stereo pair disappeared again. Today Bluesound was updating the Pulse mini’s. I hoped that the problem was solved, but no, still the same. Where is the firmware update that should solve the problem?

Hello @Nico_Schuuring,

Since this issue is on the Bluesound side of things, we cannot make a guess as to when this issue will be resolved. We continue to support their technical team in getting this issue fixed for affected users.

-John

Hello John,

Thanks for replying. It takes a long time to solve the problem I guess :frowning_face:

In the meantime I’m looking for a solution and maybe the KEF LS50 Wireless are a better way. Do you know if I can pair them in Roon to get a stereoset without the ethernet connection between the left and right speaker?

Hello @Nico_Schuuring,

The KEF LS50 Wireless require the ethernet connection between the left and right channel.

-John

Thanks John, that’s not an option then.
Nico

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.