Roon and internet radio: disappointing

I have no argument with the license fee.

1 Like

Decent internet radio-something as good as LMS 08

I just ask for this periodically. Still can’t believe this has not been accomplished.

Please…

3 Likes

Also showing currenty song playing metadata from a radio stream would be appreciated. I realize that a a minimum first request people just want Radio browsing functionality.

IS this ever going to happen? Very disappointing given cost and promise if this otherwise excellent service.

1 Like

Agree Internet Radio needs to be improved. You should be able to browse one of the radio aggregators e.g. TuneIn and add stations. Plus partnerships with someone like iHeart radio.

2 Likes

There is work happening with Internet Radio. See Mike’s thread here and sign up as a Curator if you’d like to be a part of it.

1 Like

I could never get the URL feature to work

1 Like

for any station? I have dozens that work.

Maybe one station, but it sounded horrible, so I gave up. My streamers’ software is much easier to use when it comes to radio stations. But I have to say, after listening to Tidal HiFi and my own collection, I don’t have much use for compressed Radio Station signals.

@Peter_Gaulke
Note that there are lossless (CD Quality) streaming radio stations. Radio Paradise is one that is popular.

3 Likes

Works fine here !!

Almost 2 years later and Roon didnt update their online radio offering?
Why do I still need to manual add some radio station, as for example TuneIn does a perfect job.
Even Bluesound has the tunein integration.

Can anyone Room related tell us if this option will be improved?

It changed massively in two years. There is a large database of stations to search and add them, you can request one to be added in the radio thread on the forum if it’s missing. Roon doesnt use Tune in. Internet radio stations come and go weekly so it’s hard to keep it up to date. Just request one to be added and if it can they will oblige. To say its not changed since this thread came about is not true.

2 Likes

I’ve requested a few over the past few months, always added quickly and with a smile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I just started using Roon a couple of weeks ago. I thought not a lot has changed, because I think that the experience is still not too good. I can’t understand why a service like TuneIn has all the stations I want, and Roon not. I understand now that I can request one to add, but do I need to give them the url too? And where can I request one?

Because it doesn’t use TuneIn it’s maintained by the community on Roon. Just ask them you can provide a URL if you want, . Have you actually searched in Roon at all to find the station’s? You can use the main search window as well as in the radio section itself. .

Also, some services embed song metadata… if there is, Roon shows what it can of the meta data (artist, song name).

1 Like

Thank. I have searched Roon indeed for the stations I wanted.
I saw also a filteroption radios. That was a weird one, because I searched a spanish station and that is father away than 500 kilometer.

I found the place where I can request new stations. Thx!

1 Like

And it also allows you to add them to your library if they are in Qobuz or Tidal, something you could not do with TuneIn.

1 Like

Still want to search by bitrate and be able to order “My Live Radio” manually.