Roon and Naim Nova : The lost connection

Core Machine

IMac 5K, 2017, i7, 32Go, SSD / Last versions of Mac OS and Roon Os

Network Details

Router ac / Files on a Synology Nas DS414 connected to the Router by Ethernet / The Router, the Core and the Nova are in the same room

Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Nova

Description of Issue

Everytime I use Roon, after a moment it looses connection with my Nova. When it does the Nova is no longer detected as a Roon compatible device but it still appears as an AirPlay device (I don’t use it as an AirPlay Device but I could activate it if I want).
It’s systematic and occurs whatever the tracks is (16/44 or Hi-Res).
To get it work, I have to unplug the Nova and plug it again.
This issue doesn’t occurs with the Naim App or Audirvana.

1 Like

Hello @Muse,

Thank you so much for letting us know of the issue you ran into and of the temporary “solution” that you’ve found. I am so very sorry it took us this long to get back to you :pleading_face:

I was wondering, is your Naim Nova updated to the latest version? Have things changed at all since you’ve first created this post?

1 Like

Hi Rebeka,

Thank you for your reply. I tried resetting the Nova & the Firmware was already updated, it didn’t help.

The solution was to ask my provider to send me an updated version of their router (last generation one) and place it in a higher and airier position than it was before. I am still exploring, it have been only one week since I’ve done that, but it seems to work for now.

Best regards