Roon and TEAC UD-503 DAC

I’m waiting for Amazon to ship my TEAC 503 DAC.

I see there are a few problems with this DAC and Roon, but they are all old and without any closure.

Any 503 owners out there? Is there a problem with Roon?

@Dan_Knight would there be any problem running 503 with RPi/DietPi endpoint. Anyone do this successfully?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Slim,

Mine works perfectly with Roon on a Mac Mini, connected via USB, since they are relatively close together (and another hop in between would serve no purpose).
The only issues I’ve read about concern DSD512 support with certain Linux distros, but this file format is not something I own. I did play some DSD128 and 256 without issue, but just a couple of times, to see what’s what.
Enjoy your new toy!

2 Likes

@Dan_Knight, you put a like on the reply about the Mac Mini, but nothing on my original question.

I don’t know what you mean. Does that mean it works on the Mini, only. Are you trying to tell me second hand that it will work under DietPi?

You obviously read the post. Was my question a PITA? I don’t get what you did.

Works perfectly. My setup: Roon on Mac Mini -> RPi3 with Ropiee -> TEAC UD-503. All bitrates, except DSD512.
I have used with DietPi in the past, without problems.

1 Like

Should be fine, its listed in the RPi kernel as supported with DSD, however, there is still no guarantee it will be fully functional at all DSD formats.

Unfortunately, the only way to know would be to test it.

you put a like on the reply about the Mac Mini, but nothing on my original question.

Like was for the user taking time to report his results, regardless of target device.
Apologies, got distracted with something else at the time and forgot to reply. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diaper change? :wink:

1 Like

Lol, Yep, that and feeds, baths. Usual stuff. :slight_smile:

works perfectly with Ropieee

1 Like