Roon and tidal errors - track not available

performed uninstall and reinstall with method as advised
still the same problem - track not available, too many errors
A number of my folders and now on iCloud could this be related to the problem
Could it be something to do with something in preference set up for the mac
Also roon no longer picks up the core computer for playback ?
I must admit I am totally puzzled as to what to do
I have noted my iMac has been struggling with roon for a while and has been generally unstable and I’ve just ordered a roon nucleus
is there any possibility this problem could go across to the nucleus if I was to connect it to the mac in any way. I have saved all my iTunes Library to a ssd drive and probably will no be adding much more to this given the streaming options

Hi @Geoff_Greig,

Can I please request that you reproduce this behavior and note the exact local time + date + track you experience it on? I would like to activate diagnostics mode for your iMac after getting this information.

It is difficult to say yet if this is an issue with the Core or the network, hopefully diagnostics will help clear this up.

Hi Noris
Tried to play Coldplay - Old Friends - from Album Rush of Blood To The Head at 11.03am australian eastern summer time

Cheers Geoff

Noris just made interesting discovery. I recently bought a new iPad and while updating Kef app for my LS50w speakers found similar problems with tidal telling me my subscription does not allow me to access the standard music requested for both MQA and non MQA.
All this seems to happen since a password change with tidal the I tried to upgrade to more secure password on the 8\3\2020
The other similarity is all my tidal favourites have disappeared from both roon and the Kef app. On both I can access the music databases for new track and can search for artists but nothing will play.
I have cleared the tidal cache etc in tidal
I must admit I am at a complete loss as to what to do and fear even with a nucleus i will have the same problem with tidal
Help

Hi @Geoff_Greig,

If this behavior is occurring on both the KEF app and the Roon app, this suggests that the issue could be related to your TIDAL account itself. I would reach out to TIDAL support and ask them to verify your current account status.

Finally worked out what happened. During a change in password somehow created a duplicate account with a slightly different logon and this became default for Roon . This has no actual subscription attached
Anyway all sorted. Thanks for your help
Cheers geoff

No worries @Geoff_Greig, glad you got the issue sorted out!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.