Roon Android app audio device core not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC 817BEH 16 Gb Ram M.2 1TB SSD boot drive, 2,5" 2 TB SSD (contains music files)
Windows 10 Home
Roon Version 1.6 (build416) stable (64 bit)

Remote:
Samsung Galaxy TAB S5e 128 GB Android 9
Roon Version 1.6 (Build 433) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core (NUC) connected to Ethernet 250 Mbit/s

Tablet connect through Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Teac NT-505 connection USB
Teac Asio USB Driver

Description Of Issue

The Core works fine (bitperfect) with the Teac NT-505 using the Teac Asio USB Driver. When trying to use the Samsung Tablet with the Roon app, No audio devices are found. Going into the settings the "Teac Asio USB Driver is seen but not working. I can select the local (Tablet) device, which will play music on the tablet but not use the tablet as a remote. As this is the whole point of using Roon, I do hope there is a solution to this.

Thanks in advance,

J

So to get this straight your.trying to control your core via Android remote app.on your tablet?

Is the Android app connected to your core. When you started it up initally it would have asked you to connected to a core. Did you choose your core?

if so can you see your library from the remote app and adjust Roons settings? In the audio section of settings do you see the core show up with the Teac DAC?

Have you selected the zone to play to. Click on the speaker icon to choose the zone. This will be the name you gave it when adding the DAC to your core.

I suggest you post some screen grabs from the Samsung so we can get an idea of what your issue might be.

Hi CrystalGipsy, Thank You for your reply.

Correct I’m trying to control the core via the Android tablet. To play music through my DAC (Teac NT-505) into the hifiset.

After starting up Roon on the Android tablet and even on my Android phone nothing will play.
The android app Roon says: “No audio devices found” and the button for managing audio devices.

The android is connected to my core and I can see the albums etc and I am also able play them on the android tablet speakers after adjusting the audio device to the Default output in the “Manage audio devices” My mobile phone (Android 9) is having the same problem, can play on local device but audio device "Teac Asio USB Driver with zone name Teac Nt-505 is not working.

I can only get to speaker icon, when I first change the zone to local. There I can see the Teac Asio driver and it is not disabled. When I disable the local output and only the Teac Asio driver is active there is no sound.

I’ve added 3 pics, first of the core, second that the device has to be selected and third of the settings with the audio devices. Note that the extra audio devices visible here do not work in the Roon Core.

Thanks for looking into this!

When you select “manage audio devices” what do you see. I would expect you to be able to then select the Teac from that menu.

Hi @J_K2,

It sounds like there might be an active firewall blocking your connection to Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the .exe themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

I also noticed that you have both ASIO drivers and WASAPI drivers for your TEAC zone, is the behavior the same if you try to use both?

Hi Noris,

Thanks for the reply.

Both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe files had already been added as exceptions to my Windows Firewall. I checked this.

There is no anti-virus or other Firewall blocking application on the NUC

Activating the Teac WASAPI driver for the Teac did not make much difference. Only that the Teac WASAPI driver is selectable in the Android app but no songs can be played through this driver. The Teac Asio driver is active but not selectable in the Android app.

Best Regards,

J_K2

Hi Henry,

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately it is not selectable. It is active (as You can see in the 3th pic I posted above)

Did it ever work?

Just tested playing to win10 pc running core using same tablet. Works fine.

Maybe some kind of networking thing? Are both on same network, same subnet, udp enabled, etc.?

Also, are you saying you can select the core pc wasapi zone from the tablet and start playing something and it appears to be playing but no sound comes out?

Also, is it possible you have the asio device set to private zone on the core pc?

2 Likes

@SKBubba,

Thanks! “Private zone” on the core pc was the culprit.

Problem solved!!!

Thanks to everybody who has replied!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.