Roon Android. Battery Drain

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not relevant

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hiby R5 any Android device

Description Of Issue

Roon on Android has very high battery consumption I have found on any Android device. If left running but ideal it continues to drain the battery on device as much as if I was using app. I get constant notifications from OS that Roon is draining power to. I don’t get this from any other app to the same extent. Is this a known issue with Roon on Android?

Hi @Simon_Arnold3,

Are you actively playing to this device or is Roon just running in the background?

Do you have power saving settings that are set for other apps but not Roon?

It’s the same wether actively playing or just as a remote. Battery optimization is on.

I have also noticed this to be fair.

Hi @Simon_Arnold3 & @Billy_k,

Can you share a screenshot showing the battery usage of Roon?

Got this message again this morning.

Mine says that for anything I’m using a lot. Chrome and Flipboard yesterday.

I’ve been noticing similar behavior. My phone will drain 40% of the battery while I’m listening to music for half an hour. I’ll select an album and leave my phone alone with the screen off.

This is for remote usage. My phone is a One plus 6. It only takes a few minutes for my phone to get hot to the touch.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Power consumption on remotes by using lock screen control