Roon app crashing after selecting song, and then constantly crashes on restart

Support I am having this issue too, on iOS, iPadOS, Mac 13.21, and Win10 64 all latest versions. I have to uninstall the app, then reinstall, and I have one attempt at selecting a song, and the app crashes. On restart the app crashes about 1 sec after loading. It is unusable at present, like I can’t listen to any music. Roon is being used on a Sonus Faber amp, and an Aureliac. All Roon interface devices were updated today.

Regards

Kingsley

Hi @Kingsley_Burton,

I’ve split out your post to it’s own topic, however, the team Roon need a bit more detail to help you get this resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it in your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

devices are Ethernet, control apps are wired and wifi. No problem with router - uptodate and 110MB/s download speed confirmed. This has been happening since the weekend.

Connected Audio Devices

Aurelic Vega G2 streaming and Cambridge Audio EVO 150 Amp

Number of Tracks in Library

Can’t tell you as I can’t get into it, but about 3TB of MQA and equivalent on a hard disk.

Description of Issue

Support I am having this issue too, on iOS, iPadOS, Mac 13.21, and Win10 64 all latest versions. iOS, iPadOS, Mac M1 OS 13.2.1 are wifi and Win10 64 is wired. Streamers are wired.

I have to uninstall the app, then reinstall, and I have one attempt at selecting a song, and the app crashes. On restart the app crashes in less than 1 sec after loading. It is unusable at present. I can’t listen to any music at present. Roon is being used on a Cambridge Audio amp, and an Aureliac. All Roon interface devices were updated today.

Regards

Kingsley

I can’t load a video of the crash, but I can send it to an email if one is provided. The video is 4.6mb of the iPhone app crashing. The open screen appears and it says loading, then loading album and then crashes. The album I was listening to was streamed, Blancmange Happy Families Too… I think its a conspiracy against 80’s music! :wink:

I’ve also tried on two different iphone models - 10 and 13 Pro Max’s, and two different iPad Pro’s. Mac M1 app doesn’t even load splash screen before crashing. I see Roon in the title bar and then its gone. I have downloaded the current version of Mac, PC and iOS.

Managed to get into the Windows app, but deleting the app and settings.

Login screen attached

Mac, iOS and iPadOS apps not working - well rather crashing

Still crashing on all devices after todays update

1 Like

Thats Roon 2.0 (build 1223)

Windows 10 x64 is now crashing after update… system is now unusable

Issue now resloved by unplugging the power from the Nucleus+, waiting and repowering it up. All software now working.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.