Roon app crashing

i got the same message on two separate macs mini. i did the install, and it worked fine after that.

@Mesmo @woodford We’re going to fix that error and the related crashes for the next build, hang tight guys!

Hey @Zoren,I sent you a PM with the instructions for how to send logs, waiting for your soonest reply, thanks!

Thanks @kevin; it’s great to see how you guys are engaging with us.

@vova I’m getting different crashes today, this time with the app running in remote mode on a MacBook Pro - want me to send the log package?

@pcwilliams, please, check your PM.

Getting the message after two different Roon crashes.

This on a Mac Mini, OSX 10.10.3, lean system with SSD installed and 8GB RAM, only Minimserver running in addition to Roon.

I have cut and pasted the crash reports into TextEdit documents if you can furnish an address to send to.

Other than that – I really like the look and feel of Roon and the additional dimensions it adds to the music experience.

Steve Z

By “getting the message” I mean the dialog window referring to the “lidb” command needs the developer tools installed.

Sorry about the incomplete sentence.

Steve Z

@zettelsm, to check the crash we need some logs from you. I’ll PM you shortly with the instructions of how to grab them from your system.

Hi - I have Roon installed on my MacBookPro which has been very stable on wired connection. Tried it in a different location via wireless link, controlling a Meridian endpoint. Prior to this I also transferred another 500 or so albums into the watched NAS folder during the day. All seemed fine and I was able to stream successfully (new albums also loaded okay) while operating wirelessly. Noticed that there was a “slow because of new software” message as Roon loaded for the first time in new location but all seemed fine. At some point during playback the app lost contact with the endpoint and then would not display any endpoints and appeared not to be responding. Logged out of Roon (using force quit) and then tried to log back in - result is Roon will not now load at all. Any clues on what to do to get it up and running again? Has there been a software update today? Thanks for your help.

@Enduser this behavior is very weird, let’s get some more info from you. Can you tell us more about your setup, does it include a Meridian Core? If it does, is your Meridian Core enabled when you’re trying to use Roon? There are zone conflicts if you have a Meridian core running on the same network as a Roon core, so you’ll have to keep your Meridian core turned off if you have one. Also, what’s happening now when you try to launch Roon – Does an error message show or are you just getting the splash screen and then the window disappears? Does the Roon process appear in your Activity Monitor (OS X)/ Task Manager (Windows)? Any additional information will help us to debug, and we’ll go from there, thanks!

I’m also getting the crashes. For some reason, it was fine for almost an hour, but now it crashes within a minute or two. I’m running 10.10.3 on a Late 2009 iMac 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo processor. Roon is unusable while this persists . . . what can I do right away about this?
Thanks, Andrew

Hello @Andrew_Hollo, your logs will help us to find the issue. I’ll PM you with the instructions how you can collect the log files and send them to us.

Thanks for the swift response. I de-authorised my desktop computer (iMac) and authorised my laptop (2013 Macbook Air, 1.3GHz Core i5) and had the same problems, so the log I sent was from the latter machine. If you need both, let me know. Hoping for a quick resolution as I’m itching to try out Roon - the little I’ve managed to see between crashes tells me it’s marvellous. Andrew

I’m also now getting repeated crashes with my MacMini (10.10.3). The first 2 days was fine (the odd crash) now the app crashes constantly and when I reopen it will crash and the only way to fix is to start the computer but after not to long it will crash again and have to restart.

@Andrew_Hollo, @Zoren, @woodford , @Mesmo , @zettelsm, @woodford a new build is released - it should fix the issue you’re experiencing, please update your clients. Thank you all for your patience.

@Mystic, can you please try to update the client, if it won’t help you - PM me or reply in this thread.

I’ll update it now. I did find out what the issue was. When I disconnected my FW 4TB drive which has my watched folder the app opened no problem. As soon as I connected the FW drive it would crash. I deleted the watched folder and than created a new one and so far so good (only 2 crashes since yesterday night).

Just downloaded Roon yesterday onto my purpose built media PC. It is running Win 7 Pro and has the following equipment.

• 4th Generation Intel (Haswell) low-wattage CPU
  • 16GB 1600MHz, low-latency RAM
  • 128GB SSD
  • A/G WiFi built-in (external antennae)
  • Z97-based Motherboard
  • 100% Aluminum chassis, passively cooled
  • 240w integrated, passive SM power supply

I cannot get Roon to run longer than 15 mins or so before it crashes my PC. I am not into heavy investigative work here and wonder if there is something obvious I am missing. It is trying to load my library from my Synology NAS 214+ and is up to about 900 albums of mixed MP3 and 16 and 24 bit FLAC at various sampling rates.

Only curious how Roon compares to my perfectly working JRMC 20 using my Esoteric DAC Asio drivers.

I have about 10 days to fix and fully evaluate this new software. Any help is appreciated.

Hey @crwilli57 – sorry to hear you’re having some trouble here. Thanks for the detailed report.

I’m going to follow up via PM, and we’ll get some more information about what’s happening here. Stand by!