Roon app crashing

Installed on my Mac Mini late 2014 running Yosemite 10.10.3 and it began the process of adding music from a locally attached (Thunderbolt) drive. Along the way it asked to install Xcode app for some reason. Then it crashed. Tried reboots and reinstalls to no avail. Only produces an error from OS X and allows me to send it to Apple. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Here’s a bit of what I see in the crash report:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
–>
__TEXT 0000000000021000-0000000000358000 [ 3292K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/Mono/bin/mono-sgen

Appears that a single thread crashed, though I’m not capable of understanding what exactly caused it.

Also experiencing crashing on MacPro while loading. I reboot and Roon runs for a few minutes then crashes again, seven times so far. Similar error report.

ditto, on two different macs, both running yosemite.

@vova is going to PM each of you to grab logs for from your systems, hang tight!

Sent. I was able late yesterday to get all of the music ingested into Roon. Hope you’re able to figure out what went wrong. Also, where are the setting for volume leveling?

sent mine as well.

@stevebythebay, @woodford, thank you for the quick response, we have both packages. Steve, here you can find the answer to your question regarding volume leveling.

I’ve had a couple of crashes since installing yesterday … feel free to grab the logs … by the way, this is an awesome V1.0! Congrats.

Kevin, where do I send the logs?

Hey @stevebythebay @woodford , are you guys still crashing or have you managed to get up and running? Your logs don’t suggest a crash, but we could definitely be missing something here. Let me know!

@BahamaBob , can you, please, check your Private Messages ( Press on your profile image in upper right corner > Press on ‘Messages’ (you’ll be redirected to the profile page) > Check the ‘Unread’ section). If you have any other questions just let me know.

Link fails “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!”

Since getting my collection of music absorbed into Roon (after numerous crashes) I’ve only had a recent instance that was precipitated by changing a setting (can’t recall how I got there).

Oops, sorry, here the info you need:
Open up the Queue and click the cog wheel icon:

Blue represents the currently selected option.

Thanks. Is this a system wide and persistent toggle, until the next time you change it? And how do you clear the queue?

It won’t work until you turn it again. Regarding queue:
Open up the Queue screen, in the upper right corner of the Queue section you’ll find ‘Clear Queue’ button, you need to press it to clear the queue.

Added my library, starting to explore, then the app starts crashing.
Didn’t capture error message, sorry. Now it launches then crashes within 10 seconds without an error message. I’ve reinstalled twice.
Help!

iMac 10.3.3

Hey @Zoren , we only support OS X 10.9+ right now, so your best bet is to either update your system or run Roon on another computer if you have one available. Sorry for the inconvenience! In this thread you can find minimum hardware requirements for using Roon.

My bad, I meant 10.10.3. This morning uninstalled, restarted the computer, got a fresh download, still crashed.

I’m also getting something similar @stevebythebay, app crash and the following message displayed:

This has happened the last two evenings running…

Other than that, awesome work guys.