Roon app freezes on iPhone when locking device (ref#JT0NCK)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Other

I am confronted with a recurring problem using the Roon app on iPhone.

Almost every time I play a track and lock my iPhone, the Roon app will then freeze when I unlock my phone. The music is still playing but I see that the connection is lost basically. I have to manually quit and relaunch the Roon app to get the connection back. This can happen also when i try to use roon, in the morning for example, after a certain period of time where it hasn’t been playing anything. Basically the home screen will stay blank and i have to quit and relaunch the app to make it work.

I am running the latest Roon version on a NUC, using and iPhone 15 and the core is directly connected to a Wifi access point (TP Link Deco). The Deco access point is connected to my ISP router. Both my iPhone and the NUC have a fixed IP.

I don’t know what could mess up with the connection, I have rebooted the Core several times but nothing changes. Its pretty frustrating.

Known issue they just don’t seem to want to fix been going on for months and it’s not just iOS although it seems more common on them, likely as more use them as remotes.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ios-glitches-with-ui-and-app-stops-working-after-inactivity-iphone-13-ipad-12-others-investigating/256350/104

1 Like

Hi @Samuel_Katz,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. This has been an ongoing issue that the team is developing a fix for. However, I cannot comment on a timeline due to company policy. Rest assured it is being worked on.

Thanks
Is there anything I could do to at least reduce the frequency of this problem ?
King regards

When I use my iOS devices as a remote, I swipe up and close the app. Not ideal, but less likely to face the inactive state as things stand.

I do the same on my Android remote device also.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.