Roon App launches but never fully opens

Roon Core Machine

Roon core is running Windows 10, fully patched.
Desktop PC (running Core): Asus P8B WS Motherboard, 32GB ECC RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz. Running Windows 10 21H2 64-bit.
Laptop PC (running Roon app): Dell Latitude 7410, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7-10810U CPU.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero 6 Pro mesh router with Roon core connected to Netgear GS108 gigabit switch, which is connected to ethernet port of Eero 6 Pro router. All ethernet equipment in play is gigabit, and laptop (Roon app) connects to desktop (Roon Core) via ethernet switch.

Connected Audio Devices

Connected devices: Schiit Modi 3+ DAC, Dell soundbar, Poly BT700/Voyager Focus UC headset - all USB.

Number of Tracks in Library

Approximately 30,000 tracks in library.

Description of Issue

Roon app was working fine on Windows 11 laptop, iPhone, and iPad until recently. Behavior is similar on all devices - the app launches and the core is seen, but after clicking Connect, the Roon animated icon just stays on screen and the app never fully launches. iOS app states that it’s taking longer than normal and never fully launches. On Win11 laptop, I’ve let it sit for over an hour but remains the same.
Troubleshooting:
I’ve fully uninstalled the Core and the Windows 11 app completely, including removal of database/configuration, and reinstalled both.
Verified that roon.exe roonserver.exe apps are permitted through firewall. To be sure, I also turned off firewall on core and Win11 devices.
Checked for OS updates, both are fully patched.
Installed latest Intel UHD graphics drivers on laptop.
Ran SFC /scannow on Windows 10 desktop (Roon Core) system and Windows 11 laptop system, no errors found.

Hey @Michael_Shashoua,

Sorry to read about your trouble here, we definitely want to get this remedied. since there’s been a delay in getting back to you can you update us. on your Current status?

Are you still having trouble connecting to your Core from that Remote? Were you able to update to our latest update, Build 923?

Please let me know, I’ll be watching for your reply.

Nope, unfortunately still having this problem and I haven’t been able to use Roon in some time.
I’ve run a clean install of Windows 11 on my laptop (Roon app, not core) for another reason, but that didn’t help.

Any other thoughts?

Scratch that… it’s working now. I found the culprit.
It was the software for my Adaptec RAID controller, Microsemi Maxview Storage Manager. It has a service that runs in the background, and it was apparently using port 1900.
I’ve reinstalled the software without that component and Roon is now working.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.