Roon app not connecting to server on Mac Mini and iOS devices (ref#86X0LO)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*None* of my remotes can connect

Roon has ceased to work for me. I run Roon on an M2 Mac Mini, running Sonoma 14.2.1. When I start the GUI, it seems to work for a short while, then can’t find the Server. Same thing happens from an iOS device. If I click the Server icon in the menu bar, the status of the server continuously changes between Running, Not Responding and Error. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Roon (I had to do that manually, because ther GUI wouldn't stay up long enough to do it itself). I have tried rebooting the Mac. Where to next?

Hi @Stephen_Dawson,

The first thing I’d check out is temporarily disabling your mac firewall and see if you run into the same issue. If you do, share the specific date, time, and track playing when the issue occurs.

Thanks! :+1:

My Mac firewall is disabled. I’m not playing anything, just starting the GUI. The server component just disappears after maybe 30 seconds, and the GUI starts searching. As I said, clicking on the Server icon in the menu bar shows it constantly cycling between Running, No Response, and Error. This was all working until fairly recently (for years, in fact!).

Well, my Mac Mini was running overnight (it runs 24/7), and I had stopped the Roon Server yesterday. Today, I started Roon and everything worked! I have changed absolutely nothing.

Are there logs that would indicate why it was failing yesterday?

While resolved, I am tagging @support to see if they want to look into this further.

Thanks for that. It certainly is very strange. No matter how many times I quit and restarted Roon (including the Server component) it just wouldn’t stay up yesterday. Today it’s fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Stephen_Dawson ,

Glad to hear you were able to get the system up-and-running after your post. I enabled diagnostics and looked over your logging, but it appears to be a bit inclusive as to the root cause. If you experience similar issues in the future, please let us know and reference this thread, thanks!

1 Like