Roon app on iPad won’t start “issue loading your library”

May be because I deleted my Roon folder on Dropbox and then restored it. What do I do now. I’ve only ever used the iPad - not on any desktop pc or Mac.

Your Roon core is not on your iPad. It’s on a computer device of some sort. You could try deleting Roon Remote from your iPad and reinstall from the Apple App Store and see if that helps.

Also, post this in the Roon Support category if you want help from Roon @support

Hi @JS_Wynant ,

We’ve activated diagnostics mode on your Nucleus Core and have reviewed the logs package, and unfortunately, we are seeing signs of low-level corruption in the database. This means that the records Roon is reading from your database are different from what was originally written. This can happen for a number of reasons, like failing hard drives or an unstable power source (frequent outages, hard power cuts, etc).

We’re sorry you’re experiencing this extremely rare error: not only is our database infrastructure designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, but starting with Build 880, Roon detects database corruption “on the fly”. So if corruption is detected during a backup or during normal use of Roon, you’ll be immediately prompted to restore from a backup.

What’s Next?

Install Roon fresh on your Core machine and rolling back to one of your older backups. You can use these instructions to do so:

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • (Optional) - Restore your database from a Backup prior to the issue starting

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately, the only other solution is to follow the above steps and start with a fresh database.

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus(rev B) SN 54B2038BCE31

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Brooklyn bridge with Tidal

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon app on iPad recognizes my Roon then says

“there was an issue loading your library”.

Only option is to “restore backup” which I am unable to do — drop box - file corrupt or missing. can’t figure out how to reset the unit so I start fresh as if I just opened a new unit.

Very frustrating - unable to use my Roon for 2 months!!

Hi @JS_Wynant ,

Are you able to download your Dropbox backup to a PC, and then transfer it to a USB device, connect USB to the Nucleus and then restore the Nucleus database from the USB?

1 Like

No - I am not able to download to a PC. I only use the Roon with my iPad. I don’t actually understand why I needed the Dropbox file in the first place. I just use Tidal for streaming and don’t store any music.

Please just assume the Dropbox file is corrupt or deleted. I just want to able to start over as if the Roon Nucleus was new out of the box. How do I do that?

I’m paying for Roon subscription but have been unable to use the Roon nucleus and my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge for 3 months now.

This would be so much easier if someone could just talk me thru it on the phone.

Thanks,

JS

Hey @JS_Wynant,

You can do this by heading to the WebUI of your Nucleus and resetting your database.

From there, go ahead and log into Roon without restoring from any backup. Log back into Tidal via Roon Settings>Services, and you should be all set to go.

I don’t see any additional information around your Mytek, how is it connected to your core? I would test out hardwiring via ethernet and let me know if you’re able get it connected to your core :+1:

1 Like