Roon App will not fully open and quickly closes

New issue never happened before. Had been using 1.6V with no difficulty prior to today. Now what??
BTW my last internet radio station is still playing even though app wont open.
Nick

tried to uninstall and reinstall but soon as I picked my desired zone same quick close of app occurs.

Hello @Nicholas_Hyde,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Does this issue happen with all types of tracks or what exactly are you trying to play back that is causing Roon to crash? We are aware of a few reports that certain Internet Radio stations is causing issues with Roon and the dev team is working on fixing this behavior. You can find a few reports of other radio stations experiencing this issue below but do let me know if it is another radio station and I can add it to the list:

Thanks,
Noris

Interesting I was listening to Lin Jazz internet radio station. Humm?? I will stay away till a fix occurs. I had to delete Roon app and reinstall 3 times till it functioned normally

1 Like

Hi @Nicholas_Hyde,

We have just released Roon v1.6 build 401 which addresses this internet radio issue:

Roon 1.6 (Build 401) Is Live! Software Release Notes

Hi everyone! A new maintenance release is now rolling out for all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and updated designs for some of the UI changes in Roon 1.6. Today’s release includes a number of refinements for the footer and the Now Playing screen. We’ve heard a lot of great feedback on the changes in Roon 1.6, and we think the changes made over the last few weeks are big improvement. We hope you agree and we’re looking forward to hearing from everyone! We’ve added the m…

Please give the update a try and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Noris