Roon app will not open, freezes computer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ABN WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Roon has been running well until this morning. Opened with screen asking to set up core as if for the first time. Clicked button to restore from backup and Roon crashed. Unable to reopen. Re-installed the app to find no change. Upon clicking the app icon, Roon appears to begin to open but never does. Only option to “force quit”.

Hi @Peter_Good,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

G’day Dylan. Thank you for the reply. Roon has been running on a old MacBook Pro with an old OS and near-full hard drive. I’ve been having issues with Roon and Tidal on that machine for a while. I have another computer which is now Roon core and Roon/Tidal are running very well. So Dylan that’s where I’ll leave this issue if OK. We like Roon here especially the EQ features and love the full MQA unfold on Tidal. Regards to all at Roon and thanks for your great product. Peter Good.

1 Like

Hello @Peter_Good, glad to see things working! Please let me know if you have further issues here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.