Roon Application won't open

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac, Catalina latest updates.
My media is on a Drobo drive, directly connected.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
I have an AT&T DSL router, and I’ve been using it successfully before this problem arose.
Ethernet from server to Mac and server to Directs Stream DAC.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PS Audio Direct Stream DAC

Description Of Issue
I had to reinstall Roon (after reinstalling operating system) on the iMac that operates as the Core. When I enter the email and password but Roon does not open, all I get is Spinning Wheel.

I have checked privacy settings to make sure Roon has full disc and file access. I also turned off my firewall and restarted the computer, all to no avail.

I also entered sudo chown $(whoami) ~ ~/Library; chmod u+rwx ~/ ~/Library on the Terminal and made sure that Arial is an accepted font.

Hi, how did you reinstall Roon, did you use TimeMachine? If so this is likely to be the issue.

Roon should be installed from scratch using a download from Roon site. Once installed, you have a choice…

• Start with a new library.
  • Restore from a Roon Database backup.

Do check out the Roon Knowledge Bass on migrating Roon.

If you did reinstall from scratch, did the problem happen immediately or after a Roon DB restore.

Not sure how I did it, but I got it working :confused:
Thank you for the support
Harry

Hello @Harry_Schneider and welcome to the community. I’m glad you were able to get things working again, let us know if you need help in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.