Roon ARC 1.0.50 broke connectivity to server on iPhone

Background. I’m on a cruse and have internet connectivity via the ships wifi (Princess Cruises Medallionnet).

ARC was working fine on all devices. My iPhone did an auto update from 1.0.49 to 1.0.50. At this point it could no longer connect to my Roon Server. As I’m remote and don’t have access to the server, I can’t give all of the server specs, It’s a NUC i3 running Roon Server 2.0 under Ubuntu LTS. My phone is running IOS 17.4.1.

I also have an iPad with me that is still running 1.0.49. It connects to my server without issue.

I have tried deleting nd reinstalling the app on my phone multiple times.

Can you provide an update to correct this issue or a way to go back to ARC 1.0.49?

Thanks, Bob

Welcome to the Roon community, @Bob_Hornibrook.

Since you’re away, you haven’t had an opportunity to update Roon server at home. Moreover, it’s not recommended to update mobile devices before the server has received an update.

Therefore, turn off automatic updates, especially when travelling away from home, and do not update the iPad. There’s no way back to an earlier version of ARC.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.