Roon arc album listings in genre selections

I’m wondering if ROON plans to eventually make the albums listing in ROON ARC via a genre selection from an album to list all albums under that genre and not only a few from your library. If so, where is that on the Roadmap if anyone knows?

Pretty sure there have been a few releases since the first comment was made back in September. Hopefully somebody from ROON will see this post and provide an update regarding this since that one was closed for commenting.

The comment by Roon staff, when they noticed that they had dropped this, was made in March. Yes, there have been a few releases since then and I don’t know what’s going on. I was just providing the known info, don’t shoot the messenger.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like I was pointing that towards you. I apologize if it came off that way. I’m just kind of wondering why it’s taken so long from ROON’s side. I would think that would possibly be an easy fix to get it done. Maybe they’ll get it fixed when they add the shuffle feature on the Albums list and from the genre pages.

No worries :slight_smile: Sometimes it’s mysterious. I understand that there is always more work to do than can be done in software development (don’t remind me of my work ticket list :joy: ) but some things seem that they should be easy to fix.

2 Likes

Just giving this a bump.

Since @michael noted this last year in March, what’s been done about it.

I like searching via genre.

Genre on Arc only seems to give Pop/Rock, but no Metal etc.

Under pop/rock it lists only a few.

Via the genre section on the home screen of Arc you can select a limited genre group, when on that screen you can swipe down for sub-genres.

Whilst ok in theory as it can take you on a journey, I would like to see a basic genre search/selection method like other apps that compete with Roon, like PlexAmp.

Is Roon Arc going to see any improvement in this area?

1 Like

This is real. I had wanted to fix this in a simpler way, but it doesn’t seem like it’s fixable without properly supporting focus in ARC. This is something we want to do, just a bigger lift than this.

I understand your frustration though. There are some features coming down the pipeline that should address this use case.

1 Like

No frustration here :wink:

Just would be nice to have I guess. The world is still round and spins I guess :+1:

I can’t find any Genre selection on RoonARC of CarPlay…

I use iPhone, RoonARC can select Genre but only 12 albums shows up. Where is all my other albums gone, no idea. This is first problem.

When it connect CarPlay, Genre disappears, no way to select Genre. ONLY albums, tracks, favorites, playlists. I have 1,438 albums on my library. What can I do to select albums from all these list??? No thumbnails list, only small thumbnail and album titles list all the way down… No filter, no find options. It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find album from it… it is second and upmost problem…

Now I only use Tidal playlist which I saved on Tidal, because it is very easy to play on CarPlay… I said, select single album from big list on CarPlay is impossible while driving…
If it is like this, I can only use Tidal app, it is much easy and simple…

Disappointed by RoonARC, I only subscribe Roon for this RoonArc for CarPlay…!
Any idea???