Roon ARC as of yesterday not able to access Roon Core - was working with no issues prior to yesterday since launch date

Roon Core Machine

Alienware i7 2.5ghz 8gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT Smarthub 2, Wifi, no VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    BT

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    BT Smarthub2

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    yes - powerlines

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    no

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2, Bluesound Pulse 2i, Chord 2go.

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

How did you set it up in the first place? Did you use UPnP in the router, or set up port forwarding manually?

Something appears to have changed in your configuration, the question is what?

I didnt actually setup anything, it worked from the get go, the day that ARC was released in fact. Which indicates I used the UPnP in the router?

And now it doesnt.

I havent touched the router settings at all. So it may have changed, but nothing I have done personally.

Please have a look:
https://www.google.com/search?q="powerline"+issues+router+"upnp"&oq="powerline"+issues+router+"upnp"&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.3367j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1

That message seems to indicate that something has changed - possibly on BT’s side? Might be worth giving them a call to ask if they have recently made a change.

Oh, and it probably wouldn’t hurt to reboot your Smarthub - you never know…

thanks but UPnP works fine with all other devices that I can see - e.g. Wd My Cloud Home, which I use as a server to my Naim NDX2 (which is powerlined)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.