Roon Arc Can’t Connect to Core Since Latest Update

Since the recent Roon update, Roon Arc cannot connect to core. In roon remote, settings, Roon Arc, testing “wheel” just keeps spinning. Also, Roon Arc app cant find core. @support.

Roon Core Machine

NUC 7i7 running ROCK.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Spectrum modem EU2251
Spectrum router SAX1V1K

Connected Audio Devices

SOtM sms 200 ultra neo to schiit gumby

Number of Tracks in Library

+150,000

1 Like

I am having this identical issue. Been tearing my hair out trying to figure out the problem. After the last update, ARC stopped working completely. I also have a NUC 7i7 running ROCK.

I have the same problem… Worked fine before…

Resetting UPnP on my router (turning the feature off and on) and then re-running the automatic Roon ARC configuration in Roon Settings resolved this issue for me.

I reset UPnP on my router as you suggested. Doing that, and rebooting ROCK solved my issue. Your response was very helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

I toggled UPnP off then on a couple of times and rebooted the NUC/core a couple of times. I also tried the manual port forwarding procedure in the instructions. No change. Nothing worked. Regular Roon works fine, but when I access Roon ARC in the settings, the “Testing” wheel just spins and spins and spins.

1 Like

Exactly same problem for me. So frustrating.

1 Like

I found I had to manually update the core to get it to work. This has been happening a lot in recent weeks. Even when you choose update all it doesn’t.

Go to settings-> About and see if it starts downloading the newer version.
Worked for me.

Chiming in here - I’ve tried everything posted above and no luck… still. I simply get the non-stop spinner next to the Testing label.

Running Roon Core on a Mac Mini.

1 Like

Same here, testing wheel spins forever. I never had a problem with ARC before.

2 Likes

+1. Getting message that ARC can’t find core. Traveling so I can’t check to see if ROCK is online, but I can see from other applications that log in remotely that my home internet is OK.

Roon was working fine when we left earlier today. Have had no reason to check ARC performance since the last update because all worked pretty well prior.

EDIT: Returned home and reboot of core fixed the issue.

Same here getting the Spinning Testing wheel on loop. Roon is able to auto configure my router. Everything looks good, but arc app also spins and spins. The core last seen timer corresponds with my attempts at restarting and rebooting the core. Is it a problem on roon labs end?

1 Like

Just chiming in to confirm the same issue. Testing continuously spinning even after restarts.

1 Like

3/3 still same behavior. I would rather get an error log than nothing at all.
Arc can see my core, but still gets Circle of death

Same problem here. Can’t connect ARC to core since latest update. Just shows spinning “testing” wheel. Regular Roon is is fine.

1 Like

My ARC was working fine. As of today Roon won’t go beyond the testing phase and ARC cannot find the core. I’m baffled. I’ve tried to manually setup the port on the router ( which was working fine before)

Same Problem here. Using Nucleus Server. Roon ARC works fine before, now Roon ARC looses connection after about 3-4 hours on the go. I have to plug out and plug in Nucleus to get connection again…

Also discussed here in case you didn’t know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.