Roon arc can't access Core

Internet service provider: Belong (subsidiary of Telstra)
Router/Modem: F@ST 4315U
Additional network hardware: None
Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security: No
How is your Roon Core connected to the internet: Ethernet cable to the router.

Diagnostic message:
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 149.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“149.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.138”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“”}
}

Looking I found this

Indicates that you are behind a cgant. See this thread about a fellownuser on Telestra

I rang Belong and requested a static IP address, they advised that for security reasons they don’t provide static Ip addresses. Other than changing my provider, is there any other solution?

Hi @Julian_Jakobs,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve hit a barrier with your service provider’s implementation.

There are fruitful workarounds in #tinkering using VPNs and proxy servers. While we don’t officially support these, they’re quite reliable for using ARC on the go for users who have innavigable issues with their provider. Please see here, for example: Tailscale implementation with ARC to circumnavigate ISP CGNAT.