Roon ARC CarPlay Still Not Working [Tracking Thread NowClosed; Newer Reports in Separate Threads]

Just did the restart of the core and it’s working fine now. But as previously said by others, the problem will return.

I sometimes have to start something playing on my phone rather than the CarPlay UI. Also, I never get album artwork in the car, even though it appears on the phone itself.

@connor Any idea when we may get a fix for the ARC issues with CarPlay, it doesn’t seem to be a priority? I’ve not seen anything in relation to timescales

1 Like

Another release today. So I’ll continue to test.

1 Like

updated yesterday but today still had to force quit the app to get the artwork back.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for your diligent reports since this issue first surfaced. The data you’ve provided has helped us make progress on an internal fix; while it’s not public yet, we’re in the testing stage internally and will provide a precise timeline for release once we’ve finalized it.

2 Likes

Do you need some more logging and details?

It still currently interfears with CarPlay if the app is opened. It stops messages being read out, or to be able to talk to Siri. It stops YouTube or any other video from being played. As, soon as ARC is closed. Everything returns to normal.

If you need additional testers I’m happy to help test just let me know

Hi everyone,

We’ve resolved several issues with CarPlay since this thread originated on March 1; several other issues have emerged in more recent reports that we’re currently investigating. Given the mixture of closed and ongoing issues, we’re going to twilight this tracking thread for ARC and CarPlay to prioritize newer reports. For those of you who have open reports in this thread that you have yet to see resolved, rest assured we have ongoing efforts to resolve open issues. Your posts have not fallen into the void.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to see continued improvements to this feature with ongoing work!

1 Like