Roon ARC connection outside of network

Roon Core Machine

Excited to move to Roon 2.0, but alas, no way to connect my Nucleus outside of my network

Using Google Nest connected to Xfinity. UPnP enabled. And yet doesn’t connect.
Now the big bummer is I cannot play my music on my HiFi at all even if at home (needless to say how frustrating it is - I am no IT engineer and just want to enjoy sound!)

What would be a fix?
Thanks

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.XX.X”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.XX.X”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Networking Gear & Setup Details

XFinity Gateway
Google Nest
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hey @JB_RIVAIL,

Thanks so much for reaching out, I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues connecting to your Nucleus outside of your network! The good news here though, we should be able to get things sorted out for you.

After looking into the error message you’ve shared above, it looks like you may have a multiple NAT situation going on in your setup. This is the most common snag users encounter when first setting up port forwarding. You can read more details about this problem and how to resolve it on your network in our Help Center article here:

The team will be watching for your response :+1:

A lot of users will have this issue I suspect. I have it and really don’t know how to address it as I have never touched the router software as the fiber provider did the install. I am not too comfortable try to explain the errors since I don’t understand what multiple NATS are or what a bridge is. Luckily my Innous Zen MK3 new what to do while I didn’t have to do anything.

1 Like

Good news about ARC, but then what a deception when reading how complex it could get (double NAT, etc). I am an IT person and do not want to punch additional wholes again in firewalls and else.

I paid a lifetime Plex premium for less than 100 dollars and it is able to traverse any modem-firewall configuration. I would have expected the same from Roon that I pay far more yearly…

Tailscale and other similar services could have been a nice partner for Roon in this adventure.

Edit: Connection via Tailscale worked smoothly. Highly recommended.

poorly implemented software… rushed to market before wihtout basic features needed for non-tech community?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.