Roon ARC connectivity issues from outside network

Roon Core Machine

macOS Monterey version 12.6
3.3 GHz Dual-Core intel Corei7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Roon version 2.0 build 1128 production

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“aaa.cc.xxx.zz”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.2.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Canada - Bell Home Hub 3000
Roon core software running on MacBook Pro via wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Apple HomePods

Number of Tracks in Library

6210 tracks

Description of Issue

Cannot connect to Roon ARC outside my home (I can connect when I am at home and on the same network).

I contacted my service provider to see how to open a port - apparently it is not possible to configure the router.
How do you suggest we proceed to resolve this issue?

This person managed to do so

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: UPnP Unknown Error in Diagnostics (ARC Port Forwarding

Hi @Jas_Kundi,

Please accept our apologies for the long delay in responding to your initial inquiry. Were you able to enable mobile playback with ARC with your Home Hub 3000?

If you have a second router in your setup, then you’ll need to follow the steps suggested in this thread to safely configure the second router as an “access point.” Please let me know if we can provide assistance and we’ll be watching for your response.

If the Home Hub is your only router, then you’ll need to take the steps listed here to confirm the port setting in your router: ARC and Bell Fiber Hub 3000 router (Canada) [Solved: Confirm Port Set to 55000 in ARC Tab)

We’re standing by, and rest assured we’ll be more responsive.

Problem was solved by setting port to 55000. I believe I posted that result a few weeks ago.

Thanks, Dave

You’re posting in someone else’s thread.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.