Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi and wired, no vpn

Connected Audio Devices

Usb bridge → schiit ydragsil

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Arc crashes on android, nothing helps.

Hey @Goran_Cukovic,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues with your Andriod crashing.

After enabling diagnostics on your account, we’re seeing some potential issues in relation to your schiit ydragsil DAC causing a connection abort to your ARC device. Are you able to provide more information on this DAC? What version of the schiit ydragsil are you using?

If possible, are you able to remove the DAC from the equation and see if you run into the same issue?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

The same thing happens to me too. Roon ARC crashing on Sony NW-ZX507

I do not think it’s the DAC causing ARC crashing. There is a Matrix usb bridge between macmini and Ygdrasil, Roon Core never talks directly with the dac. But out of curiosity I disconnected both the dac and the bridge and nothing changes, it still crashes. I think that the problem is in the network configuration and expected port-forwarding. All networks/routers/switches etc are not similar. It’s pretty unrealistic to expect that the installation script will be able to modify port-forwarding rules every time and in any possible network configuration. And even if it does - I really do not think that this is so vise, to open such hole in the firewall and allow unencrypted traffic (I am pretty certain that any kind of encryption would slow down everything so much that it would be unusable) from the outside in in your home network. So, what I am gonna do is to downgrade and do a deep dive in the firewall configuration on my macmini (at least!) and try to understand what changes were done by the latest Roon upgrade. I would have rather seen added functionality instead of the possibility to act as your own Spotify or Tidal. How many of all the audiophiles paying for Roon expect such kind of functionality in their cars or trains or bicycles, really.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.