Roon ARC destructively looses connection to Core

Roon Core Machine

Mainly a Win 11 headless server with 32Gb RAM, 250Gb Samsung NVMe and 10Tb WD Red running Roon Server. (Intel Core i5-11400)
(Also occasinally using a NUC10i7FN* running Roon OS.)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Servers hard wired, a mixture of WLAN and hard wired Pi’s. Asus AX58 router.

Connected Audio Devices

Both USB from Core, WLAN from router to Altair G1, hard wired via unmanaged switches

Number of Tracks in Library

around 180K tracks local, ca 300 albums on Qobuz

Description of Issue

For various reasons i decided to backup my Roon Server, remove it completely and reinstall+restore. Everytime i have done this, on request from @support crew also, i hav had to reset my ARC apps, and rebuild everything from scratch.
This is pretty annoying and takes a lot of effort and work. The ARC is slow and cumbersome and takes quite a while to download my preferred off line content.

Why, oh why, are you maketh me do this? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Understandably frustrating. We’ll take a close look at this with the team and hopefully report back shortly with a simpler (and more fruitful) next step.

1 Like

Thanks Connor,
i use ARC on my iPhone and on both of my iPads, as it is a nice “endpoint”.
So, now i get to reset + rebuild my ARC setups on the iPads as an evening chore! :wink:

It claims to being seen 7 days ago?

I have had a wrong “seen x days ago” (on wifi and cell network) message in ARC after restoring a Core backup:

Uninstalling/reinstalling ARC helped. Was said that they have a ticket for it

1 Like

So, this is really tedious…

• Restore a backup, and you need to reinitialize/reinstall your ARC clients
  • Transfer your Roon license to another Core, while ARC is in offline mode, and then back again, you need to reinitialize/reinstall your ARC clients.

I have no use for ARC in it’s current state, if i need to reinitialize and redownload my preferred content on each of these occasions. It BADLY needs better resilience to your Core’s presence or non presence…

Edit: It wasn’t enough to “reset ARC”, i had to reinstall the app…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.