Roon ARC doesn't work with my setup

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TVS-671

Networking Gear & Setup Details

AT&T internet router, Google Wifi nest supporting home network, QNAP connected to Google Wifi via ethernet, no VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider? AT&T

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? AT&T BGW320-505

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? Google wifi router/nest

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security? No

Connected Audio Devices

A&K SP3000 for listening room, and SONOS for home

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“104.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.1.88”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.86.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

@Tim_Wilschetz, please see my note and solution here, replacing “Orbi” there with “Google Nest” for you:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-arc-at-t-nokia-bgw320-505-orbi-rbre-960/253501/2

You either can set your Nest mesh network to bridge mode and let the BGW320 handle all routing functions on your home network, or continue to use two routers, but set port forwarding as BGW320 → Nest → Roon Server QNAP using the port number shown in Roon’s Setttings → Roon ARC tab.

Robert - thanks SO much for your guidance. Up and running and can’t thank you enough!!! Tim

1 Like

I do have one more question if you wouldn’t mind providing feedback - when I try to play live radio I’ve always received the same error message, which is “Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load”. Would you happen to know the cause of this error? Thanks again so much for all your help

This sounds like a missing codec issue I think. Check that you have the codec installed on your QNAP.

1 Like

Geoff - thanks so much for your suggestion. This does seem like a codec issue, however I’ve spent time trying to download and install the new ffmpeg file and for some reason I can’t seem to get the Roon Server to recognize it. My Roon Server software is a bit different from that shown in the Crieke video, with no identification of the system default version and no option to manually select an alternative. I’m wondering if a subsequent Roon update may have changed the earlier guidance? Any thoughts? Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.