Roon ARC down sampling everything to 48/24 on Fiio M15S

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on NUC NUC11TNHi3 8GB ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Fiio M15s

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I listen to any track, roon ARC plays at 48/24 regardless of original quality on my Fiio M15S. Qobuz plays correct quality.
Sample rate conversion is set to for compatibility only.
Everything works fine on iPhone with A&K dongle.
Thanks
Roman

The standard audio system in Android and I think iOS (?) runs on 48 kHz, so by default everything is resampled to that. Did you enable the special ARC USB driver in Settings?

1 Like

Thanks. Qobuz plays 24/192 no problem. Did try USB driver (?) but no luck

Edit: Wait, the Fiio M15s is a DAP and ARC is installed on the Fiio M15s? The USB driver only works on phones out of the USB plug into a USB DAC. ARC doesn’t use native rates on DAPs:

1 Like

This has been gone over countless times. ARC currently doesn’t support inbuilt DACs in daps or phones only external DACs via USB. It will resample to the native rate the OS reports back to Roon. In the case of FiiO daps this highly depends on what was played before outside of ARC. I have an M11 plus and they all work the same. If just turned on it will upsample to 384/24, if I play a 44.1/16 file via FiiO app or Qobuz etc and then use ARC it will resample to 44.1/16 if it’s higher. That’s the way Roon designed ARC as it was designed for phones not DAPs that circumvent Android resampling. One day they might sort it but as ARC and lots of parts of Roon are broke in other ways who knows when.

2 Likes

See feature request here:

or ARC specific:

Thanks. Major disappointment! Hi-res all the way until the last link in the chain :man_shrugging:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.