Roon Arc : from sucess to failure

The very first day it worked flawlessly

I am from Barcelona and I remember I went for the weekend to the South of France. I remember driving the car and explain to my wife we were listening to our music stored at home and how surprised she get

I remember some issues with my stored music and following some advices I have moved my NAS from a “remote” place to very next to the Roon core (under Windows). Tidal (streaming) worked fine

A chaos for connection, cables, power supply and so on but for good. Fully access to my music being abroad deserves the effort

And for no reasons my connectivity, my access and my happiness have vanished

Same usual trips to same places that once worked fine now are simply unable to connect the server. Weak connection, not available but the remote access to my Pc show me Roon working with Arc access checked and positive

Tidal, working fine from the begging is failing too.

So, sorry to the say that but message about price increases for the effort in developing Arc and "more stuff to come " was quite sad to me.

I have exchanged several nice messages to support staff, uninstalled, cleaned, installed, changing ports and checking moonphase , without success

So, what now? How can I reverse to the innocent first day that all worked simply easily

Help required.

Oh, yes, I forgot to add

Fully functional under Wifi which means next to nothing for me. At home I use it with standard platform.

Hi @Jose_Alconchel,

I’m sorry you’re still stuck with this. I have to think the explanation is simple but finding it, not so much.

I’d like to see diagnostics logging and have sent a request for it. Can you please turn on your core so the request would go through? Is the core remaining on or is it set to go to sleep? This would certainly affect ARC connectivity if set to sleep.

Will you also show me what your port forwarding setup is? Is your core set to be a static IP?

Wes

(…) I’d like to see diagnostics logging and have sent a request for it. Can you please turn on your core so the request would go through? Is the core remaining on or is it set to go to sleep? This would certainly affect ARC connectivity if set to sleep.

Will you also show me what your port forwarding setup is? Is your core set to be a static IP

Here you are the answers:

1. Roon core was off until I turned it on a while ago. As I do daily since the beginning. When not listening to music, the i3 Pc running Roon ia off.

2. the Ip address at home is static, and as far as I have tested public IP, too.

Just to be clear, in your failed attempts to use ARC, the core was on right?

What I am asking is if the core itself has a static IP on your network. In my case, my Nucleus is set to be 192.168.50.47

Can you please give me a picture or screenshot of what your port forwarding setup is? Are you using port forwarding rules or UPnP? Does it make any difference if you disable UPnP and use manual rules as described in https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc-port-forwarding?

Thanks,
Wes

(…) Just to be clear, in your failed attempts to use ARC, the core was on right?

I understand you must ask this but OBVIOUSLY WAS ON

In fact I have shared with you many screenshots of failure in ARC and in the same moment the Roon core turned on and ARC with the positive check adrer testing

I run Team Viewer very often and I check when I am far away home and trying to use Arc, that the Roon core is both, On and Arc capable.

The screenshots come from Android version of TeamViewer.

(…)
Can you please give me a picture or screenshot of what your port forwarding setup is? Are you using port forwarding rules or UPnP? Does it make any difference if you disable UPnP and use manual rules as described in https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc-port-forwarding?

Here you are, from router

DHCP assigns from 135 as authomatic ones but I manage many of my devices under, like Roon being now and always 192.168.1.50

Hi @Jose_Alconchel,

Thank you for the screenshots.

Can you comment on the port forwarding vs UPnP setup? Can you show me how you’re configured in that arena?

Thanks,
Wes

I have nothing on Port Forwading. No rules.

About Port Mapping I do not know for what reason is this generated :frowning:

Hi @Jose_Alconchel,

To confirm, the port number listed there is the same as what is in settings>Roon ARC right?

If they match up and you’re still having problems, you may need to go to the port forwarding section and set up a manual rule. It should just be a matter of a TCP rule with the same port listed in settings>Roon ARC and forwarding to 192.168.1.50.

In my case (ASUS router) the UPnP wasn’t enough.

Wes

just changed.I will test and let you know.

this is the status now in ROON

this is my router set up

as far as I can see both same IP and port

does not work, first test

tomorrow I will go downtown and test

From downtown my City, full 4G coverage

Non working, with the curious message about 'weak connection "

From my house, full Wi-Fi coverage

Working

Any idea?

What I can’t avoid considering is that 1st successful attempt did not include any change, anywhere

Neither storage location or router set-up

And now I am digging into every corner to found some solution.

Have Roon done any change in the 1st Android app or on RoonArc functionality that may have produced this mess to me?

I assume maybe thousands of people has gained fully accessibility and the overall winnings are obvious, but I really want to understand

I guess Wes has worked in the shadows for me.

Now it is working :+1:

Dear Wes

Every weekend, usually on Sunday, I do the same trip of 30 km away from home.

For the last 6 weekends or so I was unable to listen to anything but Spotify in the car. Usually is impossible to listen to Tidal, with the same 4G coverage but I can use Spotify.

The first time I use RoonArc I was really happy. A weekend in France with all my music available

Has been a trip into desert since RoonArc stop working.

But today I have been switching among my songs into my library while driving

I have stopped listening for a couple of hours and then, back to the car, and back to the music

So, again, thank you Wes. Far away from the instructions and advices given I am pretty sure you have worked for helping my personal RoonArc be working flawlessly.

1 Like

Hi @Jose_Alconchel,

I wish I could claim credit for a change that made your ARC setup work but I cannot! Thursday was a holiday for the US even.

If it stops working again, let me know but I recommend resetting Roon ARC (Settings, scroll to the bottom, and reset Roon ARC). It’s also possible that your external IP is changing on you from time to time. There’s a frequent suggestion that some users get a static IP but that’s mainly for those with a carrier-grade NAT or CGNAT. In general, very few people around the world have a true static IP and our IP addresses will change from time to time. When that happens, a reboot of the core and reset of ARC should do the trick.

I couldn’t be happier for you though and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Best wishes and have a great week!

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.