Roon ARC Issues

Roon Core Machine

Innuos Zenith SE Music Server

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired:
AT&T Fiber Optic Modem/Router → Netgear RAX50 → Netgear GC510P Switch → Innuos Zenith SE

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Innuos Zenith SE to Rockna Wavelight DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Issue setting up Roon ARC, the following error messages appear within Roon Settings:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“75.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Roon ARC works on WiFi but not cellular on iPhone 14 pro when trying to use in vehicle

1 Like

I’ve moved your post to the #support:port-forwarding-help category of the forum. Posts in this category require some extra information to help diagnose your issue. Could you please provides the following:

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

1. ISP: AT&T
  2. No VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security.

@harsheel_dbs, what model of AT&T gateway do you have? As you have two routers in your network, you will need to create two port forwarding rules:

1. From the AT&T gateway to the IP address of the RAX50 router using the port number found in Settings → Roon ARC

2. From the RAX50 router to the IP address of the computer you use for your Roon Core, using the port number found in Settings → Roon ARC.

My AT&T Gateway is an Arris BGW210-700

There are a number of articles in the Community on how to configure the BGW210 for ARC using port forwarding, here are links to two of them:

Are you able to use your Admin pages on the 210 and RAX50 to create port forwarding rules on each?

2 Likes

fantastic, thank you!

Yes I should be able to get into the admin settings for both routers, I will follow the instructions you have posted and go from there.

2 Likes

I have configured both routers as your have instructed and now Roon ARC works. Thank you!

3 Likes

Glad to hear @harsheel_dbs and enjoy. Thank you @Robert_F for providing links to the relevant threads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.