Linn Akurate DS - Ethernet
Chromecast Audio - Wifi
Google Home - Wifi
Astell&Kern SP1000 - Wifi
iPhone 12 iOS16.3.1 - Wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

5000+

Description of Issue

Every morning Roon Arc loses access to my Roon core on iPhone 12. The Linn DS is still working with the core and the iphone can be used as Roon remote. All other connected devices can be used with Roon Rock Core no problem. Roon Arc on iPhone just loses connection

I need to sign out of both Roon Rock and Roon Arc for the core to be recognised by the iPhone 12.

Error message - “Can’t connect to your Roon Core” & " Core Last seen 1 day ago"

Any Ideas what can be the problem - this was working perfectly on my Google Pixel device but on iPhone I can’t access my core and need to reset everyday

Thanks
Craig

@Craig_M, what version of Roon are you running on your ROCK? What version of Roon are you using for ARC? And is your iPhone 12 experiencing the same behavior running the Roon Remote app as the ARC app? Needing to logout and login every time you want use ARC should not be required.

Hi Robert

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 254) production
Roon Server Software - Version 2.0 (build 1223) production
Roon ARC 1.0.33 Build 150

Roon Remote works perfectly with iPhone 12 and the family iPad & Macbook Pro, no need to sign out / back in.

Unsure what could be the issue. I reset the ROCK and Roon Server and then log out back into Roon Remote & Roon Arc and it works but the following day ARC will lose access to the core

Thanks
Craig

Attached is a screen shot of what is shown on the Roon ARC setting page via Roon

Thanks Craig. Other users have seen “Testing” continuous circle recently also. Have you thought about changing from a UPnP implementation to a port forwarding rule on your Virgin Media router to enable ARC? Not sure if this is doable, but it may be a more stable solution in this case.

tbh - I wouldn’t have the 1st clue how to do that - even reading the instructions gives me no insight into what I should be doing or how it actually works

OK, then I will tag @support and they will review this as they work through their request queue.

So after messing around with Roon Backups and removing accounts I have discovered the following

*If I remove my Tidal account from services Roon Arc finds the core without a problem. *

I’ll confirm if ARC is still active tomorrow morning and can find the Roon Core

<–UPDATE–>

Roon Arc still loses connection with the ROCK Core -

So further investigation

I’ve reset the router, reinstalled Roon ROCK Core , reset Tidal and reset ARC.

Roon ARC finds the core without problem, and Roon ARC (app) is able to locate the Rock Core. outside of my home. So port forwarding is working.

However after a few hours this drops out and I need to reset the Roon Server software via the Roon portal. Once I have reset the server software Roon ARC can find the core again.

I am running Version 2.0 (build 1223) production.

This is the same case for DHCP and Static IP

Any help on why this is failing would be really helpful

Best
Craig

Hi @Craig_M ,

Can you please confirm if the issue is still the same after updating to Roon build 1234? We corrected an issue in this area recently.

1 Like

Hi Noris

Yes this seems to be working now - I was just about to update on this.

Best
Craig

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.