intel NUC Mini PC Kit Core 13 10th Gen NUC10FNH, 8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Trustpower Netcomm Wireless NF18ACV NF18ACV.NC.TP-R6B025.EN

Connected Audio Devices

Kef LSX, Sonos Move, Sonos One

Number of Tracks in Library

7067 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon Arc has lost connection. I have reset the router and core but connection cannot be established. No diagnostics are listed.

iphone 11 IOS 16.1.1

Not sure if the endpoint security has started to block the connection after I restarted the NUC, but this was not a problem previously.

Looking forward to troubleshooting this issue.

@Amanda_Bean, unfortunately Roon has a bug where the Roon ARC error reported in your first screenshot does not appear. Can you restart that Remote or use the normal Roon Remote app on your phone and see if the Roon ARC error message can be copied from either of those options?

Unfortunately a restart didn’t change things on the mac or iphone - the diagnostics is still empty. On the 8th January at 12.53am I copied this diagnostic error before it disappeared.
Hopefully it is still relevant.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 139.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“139.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2406:AAAA:BBBB:CCCC:DDDD:ddff:fe02:835a”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.20.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\r\n <s:Body>\r\n <s:Fault>\r\n s:Client\r\n UPnPError\r\n \r\n <UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\r\n 718\r\n ConflictInMappingEntry\r\n \r\n \r\n </s:Fault>\r\n </s:Body>\r\n</s:Envelope>\r\n”}
}

{
}

Thank you @Amanda_Bean. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is enabled on your network, but your router is refusing the connection. This is either the result of UPnP not being enabled properly on your router, or settings at the level of your internet service provider.

First, to confirm the issue is not with your local network setup:

Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, we recommend reaching out to your internet service provider and passing along the following questions:

Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

I entered the manual port forwarding settings but this has not resolved the issue.
I dont know hoe to check for any VPN or firewalls, or do put the modem in bridge mode

I reached out to my provider
Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level? YES
Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available? YES
Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding? YES, they have provided me with a static IP 116.251.193.102
Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of? NO

I am not sure how to set up the roon software on the static IP?

That is great information. Now that you will have a static IP address assigned to your account, is this assigned now or will it take a few hours or days to assign to your router? Does Roon ARC show the same error message?

It should be assigned now - the error message has not changed

I reinstalled roon to see if that would fix things. Now I have lost all my audio devices?

Do you have two routers in your network? What is the make and model of the router your
ISP provided you? Can you show the port forwardibg rule you created?

Do you have two routers in your network? NO

What is the make and model of the router your
ISP provided you? Netcomm Wireless NF18ACV

Can you show the port forwarding rule you created?

My speakers have now appeared but only as Airplay option. If I group the speakers they no longer appear individually?

Thanks for all your help

I reset the core and all speakers are back as normal - still can’t attach to Roon Arc

1 Like

I can only log into roon on one device now - when I log onto my iphone through roon remote it is logging me out of my mac and vice versa

Weirdly it all just started working again, without any changes being applied. Thanks for all your help - so happy for everything to be up and running :slight_smile:

Great to hear Amanda. I marked this as solved, enjoy the music :notes:!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.