Roon ARC not showing any data being used with albums on hard drive ARC

@benjamin i don’t understand rolling out muse but not getting the basic app working??? Once again i see some little amount of data being pulled but the app just gets stuck. Why not fix basic bugs like this rather than rolling out something like muse?

If it’s not clear what’s happening the albums are not loading and it says room radio unavailable and poor connection. My internet is working fine and i can play any other lossless streaming player fine. HD video which is WAY more bandwidth intrusive, again fine. It confuses me why Roon at this stage doesn’t make stability a priority over features that likely lower sound quality when you have excellent audiophile gear. Hope I’m not saying, “Bueller, Bueller, Bueller…,” again.

Can’t even load a steaming album but uapp is perfect and bit perfect, @brian.

I don’t think i can change the main title at top, but should say, “Roon ARC loads very little or no data causing app to not work.”

Hi @sonic_fanatic,

We’ve reviewed this thread, along with available diagnostics from your Core and mobile devices that have reached our servers. Upon review, a few things are clear:

1. You’re owed a response and explanation for the poor performance you’re seeing in ARC. Thank you for your patience.

2. We understand you’re frustrated; in #earlyaccess last year, you made clear how important bit-perfect playback in ARC is to your enjoyment of Roon. But there’s no progress in this forum without civility. Your tone is winning no favors with staff, moderators, or other users. Our goal is to help you; let’s all assume the best intentions.

3. Logs indicate something in your network is filtering or blocking requests from your Core. This is independent of Roon ARC, as it’s affecting your Roon Remotes and endpoints as well. You’ll need to verify that no network hardware, no firewalls, VPNs, enterprise-grade network management, or any other third-party software blocking the Core’s upstream connection, or you’ll continue to have dropouts and poor performance, even on WiFi. The Brostrend extender is a likely culprit here. Hardwire your Core if it’s on WiFi. If it’s on Ethernet, plug it in to the main upstream router to test.

4. You switched during troubleshooting to a 2-Core laptop, which is underpowered for your 250k-track library. There’s evidence in recent logging that this computer is at the threshold for performance. This doesn’t explain your original and ongoing issue, but it’s stressing your Roon setup.

5. Roon is reporting both track corruption and difficulty accessing your mounted USB storage location. It’s worth checking whether the WD external drive is properly connected and mounted by the OS.

There are natural limitations to ARC’s performance: poor cellular connectivity on the phone, unstable internet on the Core, and, as you’re doubtlessly aware from beta testing, library size limitation. Outside of the limitations of RAM or storage, the app’s interaction with Google and the phone’s own OS impose hard limits to the database size that can sync successfully. In our experience, most users reach this limit around 400-600k tracks, depending on the breakdown of file quality in their library.

That is to say, none of the above points the finger at your ARC install or your Roon database itself. Your library should be functioning properly with the conditions of your library, so we’ll need to pinpoint a potential network filtering issue as the culprit here, or a problem on the phone itself.

To gain more insight, please provide us with a fresh reproduction within Roon ARC. Can you please attempt to play any track, whether on WiFi or mobile data and then share the track name and approximate timestamp?

@connor I sincerely appreciate the response and apologize at my poor attempts at humor that bled into snarkiness. I love Roon and all the work your team is doing to create an unparalleled music software experience that leverages the internet. Thank you.

On 3#, my network set up is listed at the top of this thread. I don’t believe I have anything set up on Unifi but there could be on the xFinity Gateway that the Unifi USG-3P connects too. What kinds of filtering could there be and what should I look for?

On #4, I don’t know what a 2-Core laptop is and I don’t recall switching anything other than using wifi to the core from the AP to the core to extender via ethernet. The extender is connected to the AP via wifi. Could there be filtering on it? It has almost no settings from my recollection. I do feel these same issues were occurring when I did wifi, but that was so many versions ago. Noted on the idea that beefing up the computer could produce useful results. And it seems odd how the data stream from Roon seems to get stuck or share very little data. When I did download albums though from my last trip it seems like it didn’t work and I had some albums not downloaded, then the very next day they were all there so at some point the data downloaded over wifi.

Noted and will see how proper mounting might work.

Thanks for the info on the 400-600k threshold.

I’m not sure if by fresh reproduction you want me to just play any track on ARC or reinstall, but I’ll do the former and see what else you suggest. Again, thank you, and I appreciate the desire for civility in our world. I’m sorry and wishing only the best for Roon and its customers including myself. :slight_smile:

It’s stuck loading.

@connor checking in, also so this thread didn’t close. Can you help with my questions? I’m actually going to be traveling for a month very soon. I’m very curious about how this goes, since i won’t be in my home country.

@connor I’m outside my home country now and it would be great to understand why ARC is not working at all.

@connor I’ll be back in the states in a week. Will you be able to look into the issues here when I’m back?

@connor still keeping hope alive in this one.I’m in a new place and now have a wired core. I also have a lot more bandwidth. I’ll follow up but at first glance it all still feels really slow to load i imagine due to the large library.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.