Roon ARC not showing any data being used with albums on hard drive ARC

Description of issue

The key reason i went lifetime is failing. Roon ARC is not even downloading data and it’s saying i have a poor connection. A 3.9 on the android store is kinda a fail @brian. You should have kept this in beta longer and got it working well.

You’d see little data bubbles for the app if it was downloading data. Yes i restated, etc. No, don’t ask me to start from scratch considering I’m on the road. The downloaded data you do see is from earlier actually playing music which works. But i can’t download albums off my hard drive.

Qobuz album falls too. I was a beta tester last summer and this would have worked then.

Back home on my own wifi and same probably.

I also notice Xfinity almost everyday saying it’s blocking a threat on the open port.

Is anyone in support planning to respond?

Still wondering about that response…and hopefully the newest release will fix things.

Trying to play a playlist because that worked once.

Not today for the tidal top 500 electronic music songs.

UAPP world like a dream, instantly, and bit perfect on my LG V60. People believe technology progresses, but here’s a real world example, where progress has not been made in time with new technology, aka ARC.

Leaving these links here in case a support does reply and everything auto-magically gets resolved via those threads.

So after trying to get ARC to work last night, this is what I’m stuck on when I tried on an end point on my laptop.

It seems clear to me @brian what’s broken is related to ARC. I’m sure it will work after I restart the core.

Hi, I just had to let it running, with a daily restart of the server. After 14 days it finished,
Gert

Hi, I’m not sure I understand. You mean you left ARC running on your phone for 14 days and your core restarts daily?

Hi, Oh no, sorry for the confusion.
I meant that I just let the process run for 14 days, with daily restarts.
if I did not restart, it would stop adding after a random number of tracks, typically after 200-300 tracks.
This did not happen in the weekends though, then it would add up to 800 tracks without stopping.

Interesting. My computer automatically restarts late night each day. I’m speculating what happened is that even though the computer restated after the last ARC attempt, it was still running on my phone. I must have force stopped it. And then restarting the core fixed it. That is, roon on a core endpoint, not ARC which is still unusable.

Trying again and slow progress. My internet is solid but ARC just seems to stop trying to load the data.

I’m still surprised that nobody from support had responded. Lots of people continue to have issues with ARC it seems. It’s so sad that it worked for me in the past and when i beta tested it. Here you can clearly see very little data being sent and my connection is solid. I’m about to go travel and wish this was not such a pain and time suck to try to get to work.

I just experienced this same issue.

Hey @sonic_fanatic,

I’ve split your reply off into its own thread for proper visibility. If you could, please fill out the necessary system info below so we can better understand your setup:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

With that, I would also start off by power cycling your router and core. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for responding! Lots of info here: Roon ARC not showing any data being used with albums on hard drive ARC

Hey @sonic_fanatic,

Please keep your issue tied to one thread, as it creates more confusion on community and ultimately takes us longer to understand your issue.

For starters, can you describe how your core is connected to your router? I see a wifi extender and other network gear listed in your screenshot. Please start out by simplifying your network setup, and connect your core device directly to your router.

If under Roon Settings>Arc it is showing ‘Ready’ then the issue is not within your port forwarding rule, but rather, the stability within the connection between your core and your network.

Please share a specific date and time the next time you run into an issue, and we’ll be able to take a closer look into your core diagnostics. Are you able to test Arc on another mobile device within your network? I’m not seeing any information about the mobile device your currently trying to run Arc on, if you could please provide the model and more information there as well, thanks!

Hey Benjamin, thanks for getting back to me. Really appreciate it and amazingly it’s working just days before i began some extended travel.

It took a long while and hopefully it stays stable.

Not stable.

It’s working now but a bit of a pain to get going.

I explained my set up at the top and how i can’t connect directly to the router and can only connect to the AP that connects to it either through the laptop WiFi or the extender WiFi which is connected by Ethernet to the laptop. I’m doing the latter now.

I’m currently listening to a downloaded album. I was able to download a number of albums, but it took multiple efforts to get the album page to load and then the download to work. But they did all download, gigabytes of data.

Now I’m away from home and having trouble getting the album page to load. I notice that ARC sends and receives very little data. This was happening at home, and then it just started working.

@benjamin you have a lot of date/time stamps now. I know people are using 1.8 because of ARC stability issues. I’ll report back if i get what I’m trying to do now to work is ultimately download an album since streaming today seems like a fool’s errand. I’m rooting for y’all and that we don’t end up in a bifurcated Roon world where ARC is used by few because of stability issues it causes to Roon in general.