Roon Arc not working on Astell&Kern SP3000 (ref#LEFXNR)

Mmh, I’ve sold my A&K SP2000 a few years ago, because it was suboptimal for all network services and switched to Fiio, which have real “open” android included.

A&K cannot guarantee, that ARC will work in the future (they also don’t upgrade their older android) and from Roonlabs you’ll also don’t get a support here.

What I would do: Use your mobile for ARC (or with VPN) or Roon Remote and the SP3000 as DAC and headphone amp.

Hello,

I bought the SP3000 specifically after the function and release was announced. I already had A&K, iBasso and also Fiio beforehand. I sold all devices (for different reasons) and only the SP3000.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to use my iPhone to operate a mobile player, but this is just my personal opinion. They are both mobile devices.

It is annoying that the remote software cannot be installed on the SP3000, the number runs on every cell phone. But this is also a different topic.

At this point it is also about customer orientation and commitment.

I am responsible for customer service myself, but the difference is that my customers are physically in the company and expect an acceptable solution. No hiding or not responding possible.

2 Likes

@support

Hello,
I would like to politely ask whether something else is happening here and whether there will be any feedback?

Have you been able to speak to your partner A&K when your product (ARC) will work again on an A&K?

Will 1.0.40 still find the Ronn Core at some point, do I have to wait for 1.0.49? In case I have to wait for 1.0.49, how long can I wait?

Thank you.

You won’t hear anything from Roon, they don’t comment on partner timelines. You’ll need to hear from A&K.

Hello,
that’s what I think. However, I rate it a little differently.

It is Roon’s product, on a device from an official Roon partner.

I am aware that I am not particularly important as an individual customer, the number of units or A&K devices is also not mass, A&K is also more interested in other markets and end customers where Roon does not want to play a major role.

Nevertheless, I paid for both products and bought the partnership. It should be in the interest of your company that your product works. Likewise, the distances in a partnership should be shorter than if the end customer has to deal with both companies.

I’ll repeat myself here: simply ducking has nothing to do with customer focus. No local physical store can afford this behavior.

There should be a little appreciation.

You are mixing up working with partners and commenting on it in public. No partner would appreciate if Roon spoke openly about what’s going on at a partner. I’d expect that’s written clearly in partner contracts

I’m just a user like you. I’ve just been on the forum a long time and so can predict behaviours.
Roon may comment but I’m betting it’s ask A&K.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I’m not confusing this, and it may well be that Roon contacts A&K. However, I don’t know this and it’s speculation.

You can certainly react and signal that you are aware of the situation and are working on a solution. There are numerous customer-oriented responses without possibly working against existing law or contracts.

Letting the days pass is an option but not an acceptable solution.

1 Like

Hello,
The current version of Roon ARC is now 1.0.50, which can be downloaded and installed. Unfortunately this doesn’t work on an A&K SP3000 either!

I’ve not tried to use ARC on my SP-3000 but simply import music from my library onto the SD card

1 Like

Has there been absolutely any progress or effort to fix the app?

1 Like

The only usable way to listen to SP3000. unfortunately.

I upgraded from SP-1000 and it fills my needs. I also use their HC 4 with an iPhone when I’m out and only want one device with me. It works with Qobuz and with ARC – though I’ve been without ARC for more than 4 months and hopefully Roon will find a fix before too much longer cc @connor

2 Likes

Hello,
currently only one more response from A&K. Possibly a small effort on this page, otherwise nothing is recognizable from ROON.

"Dear Mr. Heinrich,
it is obvious that both A&K and Roon need to be aware of this matter and work together to find a solution.

I will immediately escalate your concerns to the appropriate teams for an appropriate response.
In the meantime, I ask for your patience and encourage you to continue checking for updates that may resolve the issue.

Thank you for your understanding."

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon ARC does not work anymore on my Astell & Kern SP3000 DAP. Its says 'Something went wrong while syncing to your Roon Core'. All other devices I have work perfectly with ARC, phone in the car, tablet outside the home, PC everything else not a problem just this one. Please help. Thanks heaps guys.

@support

Hello,
What is the processing status here?

It’s been some time, is anyone from support still interested?

Facing the same problem here, need technical support ASAP.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

I am using roon arc on an Astell&Kern SP3000.
The version of roon arc on the sp3000 is 1.0.40 and my roon server version is version 2.0 (build 1407). After logging in to my account and connecting to roon core, I am stuck in searching for roon core and cannot connect to roon server (I can connect to roon core on other devices (iPhone 12 pro max, ipad) in the same network.) What is the reason for this?

Describe your network setup

Router: Asus ac86u

Why not just transfer music from your library to the SD card in the SP-3000?