Roon Arc not working on Astell&Kern SP3000 (ref#LEFXNR)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

Other

Roon Arc not working on Astell&Kern SP3000, but working on my Samsung S24 Ultra

Roon Core is Nucleus Plus
Router is Netgear ORBI RBR850

On my Astell&Kern SP3000, I cannot access Roon Arc even at home on the same Wifi network as the Nucleus.
Roon Arc on Samsung S24 Ultra works fine even when I am not at home.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Peter_Leong

I recall a post the other week, similar to this.

I don’t think A&K have added the update to their whitelist.

Current release on the Google App store is

Not sure if sideloading/manually installing the current version from here is possible.

https://roon.app/en/arc

Hello,
1.0.48 can be downloaded and installed from the Roon homepage. Unfortunately, it is not possible to log into the Roon account afterwards.

It would be great if Roon Support would ensure that Roon ARC also works on all devices and partners. Neither Roon nor the SP3000 were free.

There are updates after updates and there is always something.

Thank you very much, I wish everyone a happy Easter.

Thorsten

Hi @Peter_Leong ,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about the difficulties you are facing here. Can you please post a screenshot of your Android settings for this device (showing the firmware version)? Is there any change in behavior if you delete ARC, reboot the device, and try to reinstall ARC?

Hello @noris

I’ll jump in with my SP3000 please.

ARC stopped, ARC uninstalled, device rebooted, ARC reinstalled, device rebooted. it ends with;
Something went wrong during synchronization?!

Access from iPhone is no problem. Auto port sharing activated in the router for the A&K.

Thank you.

Email address removed from post by mod team!

Hello, it wasn’t clear to me whether I should re-upload the pictures without an email address.

Here are the pictures again without email address.

Thank you

28e3ff9df57bb39a00a0fdd345e878eca77199ab_2_375x500
6020aa6bd2e464898b01a27bd5279276ea6e992c_2_375x500
aea59ce969dc5def6c7f7b95000fc3ddcb8dfa1a_2_375x500

Hi Noris,
Thanks for your reply. Pls see the screenshots below.
Kindly note that I’ve deleted ARC, rebooted and reinstalled ARC no less than 10 times.
Still unuseable unfortunately.
Thanks for your kind advisement pls.

The A&K in your screenshot (and @Thorsten_Heinrich’s above) has ARC version 1.0.40 from July 2023,

but current is 1.0.49

Thanks Menzies. Yes, I’m using Roon Arc 1.0.40 (or trying to) as this is the latest version supposedly supported by A&K.
Tried to side-load installing but seems like A&K doesn’t allow me to do so anymore; I can only install their version on their “download” tab.

I very much doubt that an ancient ARC like that can work with current Roon servers. Users have experienced problems with versions that differ by a month between Roon Server and ARC. ARC changed a lot since July 2023.

I’d recommend to contact A&K and ask them to get their act together. Their devices aren’t cheap and offering only a 9 months old ARC is completely pointless.

Thanks Thortsten. Yes, I’m experiencing the same issue

Thanks Suedkiez,

Yes, I’ve contacted both A&K as well as Roon.

Still no resolution…

1 Like

Hello,
The side installation on the A&K SP3000 works, but there is no subsequent connection to the Roon account.

Factory settings and resetting the entire SP3000 also did not produce any different behavior

I don’t know in what time frame ROON informs its partners about an update and whether the partners are informed about the large number of updates in a timely manner.

I see ROON here, in association and partnership, to contact A&K to offer the updated version. It can’t be in ROON’s interest to offer its partners an outdated, non-functioning version. If that’s actually the case.

For me, the partnership and the function were crucial for purchasing in this connection. I don’t use it often, but when I do want to use it, I’m busy getting it working. Now I’m sick, out of the house, looking forward to musical accompaniment and it doesn’t work.

This instability is actually very frustrating.

Thank you anyway for the information.

Here is the installation of the current ARC apk from the ROON site. It gets lost when registering.

Hello,
Here is the feedback from A&K.

@support, what can we do now to get the ARC running?

Thank you.

"Dear Mr. Heinrich,

Thank you for your inquiry to Astell&Kern Service.

The Open App Service enables the use of apps on AK products, but various issues may occur depending on the version and functionality provided by the respective app company. If the version is not compatible with the AK product, the app service may be limited or not supported.

The current compatible and tested version of RoonARC is 1.0.40. It is planned that the version of RoonARC will be updated via OTA in the future.

All apps are developed and maintained by third parties. Astell & Kern has no control over the apps, their functions or errors in a specific application. Although we recommend specific APK download sites for downloading streaming APKs, the original source of the listed apps is unknown and is not provided by Astell & Kern.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help you at any time."