Roon ARC - Nucleus Core isn't Configured

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 147.28.114.209:33839, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxx.xxx.x.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:“xxx.xxx.x.xxx”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“xxx.xxx.xx.x”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“xxx.xxx.xx.x”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi, Roon ARC app not conencting to Core. I use Roon Nucleus as Core and have a Technicolor DGA2231 Router acting as Modem (wireless disabled, Callflow/Trooli service provider), Connected to Google Nest Wifi Mesh system. Can’t work out how to get ARC to work after reading the walkthrough/troubleshoot section of ARC. thanks

I am having the same issue. I don’t understand eh walk-through.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xx.xxx.xx.xx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“xxx.xxx.x.xxx”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

It looks like you’ve got a double NAT situation. Basically you have both the Technicolor Router and the Google Nest WiFi acting as a router. The easiest solution would probably be to see if you can set the Technicolor Router to something like “bridge mode.” Alternatively you could put your Google Nest into bridge mode.

You’ll find more details about this situation here: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc-port-forwarding#Multiple_NAT

2 Likes

Hi @lawrence_Baker,

Please see the staff response in yellow above; your description suggests you might also be encountering a double NAT layer in your local network.

I recommend glancing through the Help Center article listed above. If the article doesn’t help illuminate your particular situation, please reach back out, and we’ll happily split your post into a separate topic thread to continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks. I am up and running. On my BT Hub, I turned on a firewall setting called DMZ and it worded.

3 posts were split to a new topic: ARC Timeouts with Port Forwarding

@lawrence_Baker, glad to hear you’re up and running, but please note there is likely a more secure solution than placing the Core in the DMZ. I recommend you alternatively try disabling IPv6 on the BT Hub, as this solution has been fruitful for users with the similar BT Smarthub in our solutions section here: BT Smart Hub 2: IPv6 Will Prevent Port Forwarding [Ticket in. Workaround - Disable IPv6] - #42 by DaveN

Hi Connor,

I am facing similar issue:

Here is my diagnostics data:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 188.213.136.215:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:“100.67.139.112”},
“status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

I have disabled firewall. turned DMZ but nothing is happening.

I need following information for Port Forwarding

Connor. Done and worked like a treat. thank you.

Hi @brian2
Thanks for your message. Double NAT was indeed the issue. I tried to make my ISP router/modem the “bridge” manually but ran into a lot of problems. After calling my ISP they made the changes for me and now Roon ARC works with my ISP router and Google Nest Wifi Mesh. Thank you for your help. Problem solved

1 Like

Instead of setting one of the routers into bridge mode, just add a port-forwarding rule in the router connected to the internet by adding port 55000 or whatever you prefer directing to your second router. Just make sure Roon core has the same port (settings → roon arc) at the right bottom of the page.

…and if not needed from elsewhere: disable UPNP again

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 502 Error with Port Forwarding/Did Not Find UPnP

I’m in a similar boat. I have Verizon Fios and Google Nest Mesh. Who was your ISP and what changes did you ask for?

Thanks!

I’m based in the UK. So different ISP. Mine is callflow/Trooli.

I think they basically set my ISP router to bridge mode. I already had the wireless disabled on my ISP router so it didn’t interfere with my mesh, but clearly there was more to be done. Like others have said, it is probably easy to do without help, but it was beyond me.

Does your Google Nest Mesh system have multiple points and, if so, did all the features still work? I’m getting conflicting reports about whether bridging the ISP router/modem will interfere with some of the features of a multi-point Mesh system. Thanks!

Hi. Yes my google nest mesh has multiple points. I did not change anything related to the google nest system. In fact, you can set the main google nest router to Bridge Mode but this is not recommended as it does not allow you to use the mesh system if you do this. You need to put the ISP router into bridge mode. Don’t touch the google nest mesh if it is already working for you.

2 Likes

Please don’t do this. You’ve just opened up the device at 192.168.1.136 to the entire internet, not just a single port. To give you an example: if the device is a nucleus, the entire internet can reach data share via the SMB protocol. People have been hit by ransomware by doing exactly what you are doing now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.