Roon ARC on Mac with Apple Silicon

iOS Apps on Mac runs your unmodified iPhone and iPad apps on Apple silicon with no porting process. Your apps use the same frameworks and infrastructure that Mac Catalyst apps use to run, but without the need to recompile for the Mac platform.
Running your iOS apps in macOS | Apple Developer Documentation

It quite literally is a checkbox in Xcode / App Distribution / App Store settings which allows users to download the iOS/iPadOS application and run without any modification on an M1 or M2 Macbook.

Under the hood, there are now so many shared frameworks between iOS and macOS that this is trivial for any app iOS/iPadOS app published for iOS 16 and onward. They literally run the same code, it’s pretty neat!

There are many folks, like myself, who would readily use an iOS app on my M1 if it meant I would have access to Roon Arc sooner. I can certainly see how Roon Labs may not want this experience available, as other commenters like the one you are replying to mention. :slight_smile:

Btw, the A series chips in the iPhones/iPads are also SoCs by definition :slight_smile:

I know this is an old thread, but any movement here @Roon?

:frowning:

Looks like discussion has moved to the feature request here: Roon ARC for Desktop / Laptop (Windows, Mac, Linux) - #42 by Michael_Cox1

1 Like