Roon ARC Poor Connection Issue (ref#1ME5RG)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

I have Roon ARC set up on my iPhone, and it worked properly up until a few weeks ago. When I'm on wi-fi near my Roon server, ARC runs properly. When I'm not on wi-fi (whether near my Roon server or out of the house), I can open Roon ARC and it loads properly, but when I try to play anything, it searches for server and after a minute gives me a red 'Poor connection' message. Please advise. Thanks.

Describe your network setup

Network device: Bell (Toronto) Gigabit Fibe 1.5 - Unlimited. No switches or range extenders. Core: Intel NUC NUC7i3BNH (on ethernet).

Hi @Seymour_Stern,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this. I’m sorry you are experiencing problems using ARC when you’re out and about. Based on your description it sounds like Roon isn’t reachable from outside of your LAN. The first thing to look at is settings → Roon ARC on your server. Are there any error messages showing there? If everything is fine there then the problem could be a firewall or port forwarding. Please let me know if you are still having trouble!

Thanks for the advice. It works now! I set up Port Forwarding in my router. I’m guessing I reset the router at some point over the last few months, and it removed the settings for ARC.

Great! I’m glad Roon is working for you again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.