Roon ARC says 'Corrupt media' on Android for m4a files

Roon Core Machine

Mini PC Intel NUC NUC7i7BNKQ ,Intel Core i7-7567U, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Roon ARC app on OnePlus Nord (Android 12)

Number of Tracks in Library

65.000 tracks

Description of Issue

When trying to reproduce several m4a files, it says ‘Corrupt media’, but they play fine on Roon ARC on an Ipad Air 2.

Hey @Marcos_Ortega,

My apologies for the delay in following up.

If possible, it would be helpful to have the file(s) for testing on our end as well, can please upload them here and let us know?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

I would also suggest giving your router and core a hard reboot respectively :+1: as well as heading to your Roon arc settings and ‘Reset Roon Arc’

I’ll be on standby for your reply

I just uploaded the logs after rebooting the core and also resetting the arc app. I tried playing the same file with roon (success), roon arc on ipad (success) and roon arc on android (fail).

Hi, @benjamin

No rush, but just in case I didn’t reply correctly earlier so you would get a notice…

Hey @Marcos_Ortega,

Thanks for the follow-up, and my apologies for the delay in following up.

While logs are helpful, I was actually looking to take a closer look at the actual files in question. If you could please upload the audio files themselves, that would the most helpful!

Hi @benjamin
I have just uploaded a couple of files (they’re m4a podcasts and are a bit big). Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Thank you @Marcos_Ortega! Our team will take a closer look at the files in question and report back :+1:

Hey @Marcos_Ortega,

In the meantime, if possible, can you try re-downloading the files in question via iTunes+ (you shouldn’t have to pay for it since you’ve already purchased them in the past) and see if the issue is consistent on your android device? We’ve seen this pop up here and there with older files acquired from iTunes.

Let me know :+1:

Hi @benjamin

I tried downloading them again and rescanning the files, but the problem persists. I have also tried transcoding them to mp3 and then they work, but of course that’s not a process I would like to follow…

Thanks for letting me know @Marcos_Ortega. The files in question are with our dev team and are awaiting further investigation. I will follow up with more information after they’ve had a chance to test things on their end :+1:

Hi @benjamin

Any further info on this?

Hey @Marcos_Ortega,

I very much appreciate your longstanding patience on this thread. Our team was able to confirm the files in question appeared to be corrupt on their end as well, but have not yet been able to pinpoint what (and if) this issue is directly related to Roon itself.

If possible, can you try playing the audio from another device, and see if you come across the same issue? Are the two podcast episodes still the only files you’re having issues with?

You have my sincerest apologies for the delay here.

A post was split to a new topic: Arc Corrupt Downloads

Hi, @benjamin
So far, I have located five files coming from the same podcast, while others from it play perfectly. What puzzles me is that Roon has no problem playing them, and Arc on IOS plays them as well… It seems to be just a problem for the Arc Android client.

I am facing the same problem w/ M4A files recoded from a internet radio stream. Roon ARC on android fails, while all type of roon player are working well.

Hey @Christoph_Schwartze,

Are you able to provide more information in regards to the internet radio stream? If you have any files, please upload them below:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

A post was merged into an existing topic: Arc Corrupt Downloads [Ticket In]