Roon ARC: support for SiRi requests on iOS

• Siri support: offer options like: “Hey Siri…”
    “play album dark side of the moon on Roon ARC”
    “play song stairway to heaven on Roon ARC”
    “play genre soundtracks on Roon ARC”
    “play artist the rolling stones on Roon ARC”

Have that same problem. On plex I was able to use siri to play selected songs without need to use my phone on roon is not possible :confused:

Yea please

1 Like

Yes, please! Love the product, thank you!

1 Like

As above to be able to use Siri to search for albums and songs while driving and to be able to say Hey siri, like song.

I’d imagine this might be technically difficult but would love to hear your thoughts.

This would make car play complete. I don’t fancy using the car controls to manually search for a song while driving. Too old school and dangerous. :frowning:

2 Likes

This would keep me using Roon. Losing Siri/good iOS integration has been tough since switching from Apple Music.

2 Likes

Yes Yes YES! This is sooo important while driving. Manually navigating to a song, playlist or album takes too much of my attention away from the road, and it’s rather unsafe. This gets my vote.

1 Like

I was just wondering if there’s a roadmap to Siri control of Roon ARC? Since the (very welcome!) inclusion of CarPlay, I wondered (as someone who only uses Siri when driving alone) if that might one day arrive or if it’s not feasible?

Many thanks!

Kit

Roon usually does not comment on future plans but there is an open feature suggestion topic here, where you can vote

2 Likes

This feature is so important to me in while driving. Qobuz also lacks Siri support so i’m left using a free Spotify account in the car

2 Likes

Come on guys… you’ve done so well integrating Arc into CarPlay but Siri integration is about safety. Eyes on the road, not on a touchscreen.
The interface structure is there… so a bit of time investment to make this better would be appreciated.

1 Like

Siri integration remains one of the key features to make ARC complete. Apple Music allows the user to select music by voice, so the absence of that feature from ARC leaves it wanting. As others have mentioned, using ARC without voice control while driving is unwieldy, creating a significant lacuna in the experience.

I don’t know whether voice control works with ARC and CarPlay. I bought my car from Fred Flintstone, so it doesn’t have CarPlay. For those of us with cars from the Stone Age–at least the part when they invented Bluetooth–it would be nice to have a hands-free ARC experience.

Siri is a no brainer in CarPlay. ARC on CarPlay is currently unusable / dangerous to use.

While I would very much appreciate ARC on CarPlay - it would be fantastic to have Siri across the board, so it can be used on the HomePod, etc.

1 Like

I LOVE ARC! It would be wonderful if it supported SIRI for use while driving. I know that this has been on the request list for some time, so I hope that it’s still under consideration/construction. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, waiting for it to use ARC while driving

1 Like

Even Siri integration for basic functions such as skip track, play, pause would be much appreciated!

I have playlists on Spotify and Amazon Music that are big and before driving I’ll just play something on shuffle and just use Siri to skip tracks occasionally, or pause music as required - all hands free.

2 Likes