Roon Arc - Syncing for first time use

Hi,

I am using Roon ARC on a Samsung S21. Whenever I open ARC having not used it or a day or two, I am asked to log in and after logging in I then have to wait several minutes while Roon syncs for first-time use. Once the sync has completed I can use Roon ARC just fine, but the delay is extremely annoying. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hi @Doug_quiddington,

We’ve taken a look at diagnostics for your account and can see ARC alternating between two IP addresses connected to the internet on your Roon Server machine. The presence of two interfaces usually indicates a simultaneous WiFi and Ethernet connection on the same machine - I recommend disabling one of the two (I’d recommend keeping Ethernet) to restrict RoonServer and ARC’s communication to a single external network interface.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I suspect the different IPs you are seeing are my home connection and the work VPN I sometimes have to connect to (and often forget to disconnect). I’ll try to avoid the VPN and see how ti goes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.