Anbieter: WOBCOM FTTB

verbunden seit 10.10.2022, 04:21 Uhr

Geschwindigkeit: ​↓ 102,2 Mbit/s ↑ 40,9 Mbit/s

UPnP Portkonfiguration aktiviert

Connected Audio Devices

Denon AVR-3600 H

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon ARC was unable to securely access my Roon Core.

Port is configured on Fritzbox but Roon cannot access.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“62.176.aaa.bb”,“router_external_ip”:“100.aa.bb.ccc”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Is there another router behind or in front of the FRITZ!Box?

-edit-

The 100.65.70.120 address is suspicious. That might be because your ISP implemented carrier-grade NAT. This would explain why it is not working.

No, no other devices. Mac OS is always the latest.

Ok, but what does that mean to me?

It means you can’t port forward out of your home network which is a requirement for ARC to work. There are a few threads with Fritz!box users having problems which you might check by searching for them.

There is also this thread describing a workaround for some people.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tailscale-implementation-with-arc-to-circumnavigate-isp-cgnat/215356

1 Like

So the solution is no solution?

For me this is no solution until this runs out of roon. This function has to be implemented in roon. I will not invest in crazy installation of anything on other devices. So ARC seems nice but only useable in dedicated configurations.

Ask your ISP if they can assign a public IP address to you. That is necessary for port forwarding to work. Be aware that they may charge you for this service.

2 Likes

Each to their own. I got it working quite easily but found it uses too much battery power and I don’t need ARC all that much anyway. I wouldn’t describe it as crazy, it’s a free solution that works if your ISP can’t supply a public IP or wants more money to do it.

It’s got nothing to do with a dedicated configuration. In simple terms a lot of ISP customers are being sold a form of internet connection which is cheaper for the ISP to provide. Most users never notice because they are consuming content from online sources.

Roon have mentioned that they considered an integrated approach but it would have meant a longer development time so they decided against implementing it on the first version at least.

1 Like

Hi Andy, you are right. For me it is more important that Roon is fixing the bug of center channel routing on Apple M1. There is no answer since 3! month. ARC is nice but I don’t need it. And I will not open my network for that until I know exactly how the solution works and it is really safe… But thanks for your comments.

The Tailscale system of creating a secure VPN seems to be widely accepted as secure. I’m not that involved in network security that I could test it myself.

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for any solutions from Roon as far as bug fixing is concerned. They seem to either make it happen straight away or not deal with it at all. I waited years for playlist export to work. There always seems to be a strong agenda pushing software development in a direction regardless of features that already exist.

I hope though that you get a solution to your centre channel problem.

Andy, thanks for your advice. Maybe around Christmas I might check tailscale.

For my center channel problem I have a solution. But very elegant. I Route al 6 channels to Blackhole and then to LogicPro and then to my Denon AVR.