Roon ARC With AmpliFi

Hi Joost_Hoogland and Pascal_Scholl.
I have here the same problem to make Roon ARC works with AmpliFi.
If I may find here my answers to your questions.

Diagnostic message :
“{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}”

1. Internet provider: Danish Stofa
2. Modem and router : Icotera i5801-05 (in bridge mode) > AmpliFi Alien Router > AmpliFi Alien MeshPoint (Ethernet Backbone)
3. Additional Network Hardware : no
4. VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security : No
5. Roon Core : Grimm Audio MU1 Wired to AmpliFi Alien MeshPoint

We have tried to enable and disable Upnp without success.
Assigned a static IP to the Roon Core and did a port forwarding without success.

If anyone can help…
Cheers.
Mathieu

@Mathieu_Archambault1, I have moved your post to a new thread as this is how Roon prefers #support requests. Moreover, your diagnostic message if different.

Indeed, the diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Hi Martin_Webster.
Thanks for your help.
Please see my answers below :

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core Done
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration Done
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC Done
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering Done
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode Done
  1. What is the make and model of your modem and router? Icotera i5801-05 (in bridge mode) > AmpliFi Alien Router > AmpliFi Alien MeshPoint (Ethernet Backbone)
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? No
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region? Stofa, Denmark. I just figured they are using CGNAT which seems to be an issue with port forwarding. I have the option of ordering a static IP, should I do that?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both? The ISP modem is in bridge mode

Still :
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Thanks again.
M

This is the likely issue, and a static or dynamic IPV4 address would likely resolve the matter.

If you reach out to your ISP, ask these questions.

More specifically, you can pass along the following questions:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any ports you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

Try not to do both of these. Either let UPnP do the configuration or do the configuration manually. Not both. Doing both can cause both to fail.

If you confirm this then call your ISP and find solutions to get rid of the CGNAT. ARC won’t work with CGNAT.

Hi there,

Thank you for your help, I did order a static IP to my ISP (Stofa makes us pay for it) and Roon Arc now works like a charm.

Mathieu

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.