Roon Artist Search fails

Roon Core Machine

Searching for Artist Parmalee with Roon logged into Tidal, Roon returns no Artist found. Searching on Tidal app, Artist immediately comes up. Have restarted Core which is a ROCK.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

3 Likes

I was coming here to see if anyone else was experiencing slowness and pages not loading in Roon to try to figure out whether it was Roon, Qobuz, Tidal, or what…

I rebooted Rock as well my whole NUC, also happened to reboot my router (due to a firmware update), and alternatively tried turning off Tidal and Qobuz and both. Network speeds are 100Mbps+

Music streams consistently and starts without delay, but album and discography pages, search are slow or error out completely. Leads me to believe it’s a Roon meta data server/db-related issue…?

1 Like

Same for me. Roon’s cloud services seem troubled…

3 Likes

Even many tracks in my Library are unable to play

1 Like

Same here. Roon services are not working properly. Can’t load Artist page on any controller. But now-playing panel shows artist page just fine. Even local music files.

Deleted and reinstalled the iPad controller app but made no difference. IPad, iPhone, and Mac apps all have the same problem.

I’m running Core as part of the Mac app. The upstream services, Qobuz and Tidal are fine when accessing using their native apps. Problem is with Roon services.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Same with me. Rebooted server, logged out and back into Tidal and Qobuz. Nothing works normal.

1 Like

Same problem here.

1 Like

same issue. some tracks have to be added to library to play it.

1 Like

Same here. I can’t get artists to load. It will play the last album loaded just fine.

1 Like

Also encountering this; sometimes the search succeeds eventually but then the artist page will not load. Using Roon Core running on Windows w/ Tidal connected. Behavior encountered on the Android app. Logging out of Tidal resolves everything. There’s definitely some service degradation here.

1 Like

Looks like everyone is having roon problems tonight. Someone must have released a change and forgot to confirm it was working ? :disappointed:

Same issues here. Like a dope I’m waiting for my Roon Core to restart because I didn’t check here first to see that it’s a widespread issue.

1 Like

+1

Tonight search is slow, often only brings back results from my library, rarely brings back Qobuz results.

2 Likes

Ditto. Same experience here

Technical problems can and will happen, and Roon will have monitoring tools in place to get early feedback about malfunctioning or underperformant systems.

What I regret, though, is that nobody from the support team would pin a message on this forum to inform the user base about the problem and assure everybody that they are on to it and working to get up and running again whatever service has been affected. This, I believe, would be a standard and forward-thinking user support practice sorely missing here.

5 Likes

+1 on search and playback. Roon says that it’s a network issue, but all other devices are full speed with no issues. Quadruple checked the ethernet connection to the core.

1 Like

Do you mean local files won’t play? Why should a cloud search issue stop local file playback?

I am experiencing the same issues being discussed here. It has been persistent for several hours now.

I have the same issue. TIDAL not working but local server works fine.