Roon Audio Analysis Stuck

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro/Version:2004/OS Build: 19041.264/Core i7-6700K-32GB RAM/Roon Build No: V1.7 (build 555) stable (64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter->Cisco Meraki Switch->Cisco Meraki MX Gateway->Internet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Local Audio (Intel HD Audio) also Network devices: Moode on Raspi and Sonos Play 1

Description Of Issue

Installed Roon, added D:\iTunesMusic\Music\ as initial folder to storage. Audio analysis partially completed but was stuck on the last 3 tracks.
Added D:\iTunesMusic\FLAC\ to storage with 12 new tracks in. Analysis restarted but still stuck on 3 tracks. Showing “Analyzing: 13/15”.

Can you please help resolve?

Thanks, Tony

Hi @Tony_Pellerin,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out! I’ve gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log-set to our servers. I’m looking over the report and I believe I located the offending tracks:

D:\iTunesMusic\Music\Taylor Swift\Red\01 State Of Grace.m4a
D:\iTunesMusic\Music\The Killers\Hot Fuss\06 Andy, You're A Star.m4a
D:\iTunesMusic\Music\De La Soul\AOI_ Bionix\13 Pawn Star (feat. Shell Counci.mp3

Can I please ask that you move (do not delete) the files out of your D:\iTunesMusic\ directory to somewhere where Roon is not watching and reboot your Core?

Please do not delete these files just yet, because if they are indeed causing issues with Analysis, I kindly request that you upload them to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com for a QA investigation to prevent such analysis issues in the future.

Thanks!

Hi Noris, all done. Now stuck again: Analysing 1/2.

Tony

Hi @Tony_Pellerin,

There are some additional problematic files I’m seeing now:

D:\iTunesMusic\Music\Bob Dylan\Blonde on Blonde\06 Stuck inside of Mobile with th.mp3
D:\iTunesMusic\Music\The Killers\Sawdust\13 Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Tow.m4a

OK, removed an Analysis not stuck. What could be the issue with these files I wonder?

Also, would it not be possible to have visibility of logging locally, I for one would appreciate that.

Thanks, Tony

Hi @Tony_Pellerin,

Glad to hear that!

Can you please upload the problematic files I mentioned to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and provide me a link? I’d like to get them over to QA for further analysis.

Roon logs are accessible, but reading them is a bit trickier. See these instructions on how to access them.

Noris, thanks for all your assistance - much appreciated.

Files here: https://send.firefox.com/download/3fe576ef4e12a3c7/#nW44XY_yNSVIAH0Z0sRU4g

Tony

1 Like

Thanks for sending the files over @Tony_Pellerin, I’ll get them over to QA. Since the issue is resolved, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, if you run into any other issues, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.